1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic Viera - Ghosting?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by davegtt, Jan 7, 2005.

1. davegtt

davegtt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Right had the TV now for just over a week and its been great, few niggling little probs but I put that down to NTL being sh!te and their supplied scart cable since picture quality is faultless IMO on DVD playback.

Although tonight. I watched Metro on C5 and it was OK to start off with (misses complained it was 2 dark for her so I turned the brightness and contrast up and reset the mode to dynamic since it was all adjusted lowly for bedding the TV in :) ) anyhow it started with poor colouring, lights on a white wall appearing green :( then a little later on I noticed some pixelating on the screen, looked pretty poor quality IMO then it seemed to get worse, close ups of the actors faces appeared to be slightly out of sync with movements, ghosting I presume this is? anyhow I was unimpressed, as was the misses. Not what I expect from spending £2k on a telly. Soooooo the question is, anything I can do to avoid this happening? cr@p cables causing the prob? faulty TV? sh!te signal? (even though its supposed to be digital) couldnt be bothered to put a DVD on and check the quality of that but the telly also seemed to be slightly hotter than usual but no more than Id expect it to be after being on for 6 hours constantly....

Please help guys as Im a little annoyed with it

:lease:

cheers

Dave

2. Steve_P

Steve_P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    I assume that you have your NTL digital set-top box set to RGB output and 16:9 output under the settings menu? Also is your NTL box connected to either AV1 or AV4 and not AV2 of the Viera?

I'm guessing the fact that you turned the brightness/contrast up and chose nuke *ahem* Dynamic :p viewing mode has resulted in the TV running hotter.

S.

3. davegtt

davegtt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    possibly? I dont know about these things hence the question. NTL box is connected via a normal scart lead into AV1 and as I say Ive had no problems with it all week up until now.

Ive been using the mode on Cinema and contrast about half way and brightness about 1/4 so I only turned it up for the 2 hours we was watching this film. not been like that for ages.

when you say the set top box set to RGB Im still unsure what you mean by it all, what does an RGB connector look like? I'll go and have a nosey but Im in a rish today, lots to do and just heard about the weather putting my whole day in doubt :(

4. blindlemon

blindlemon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    RGB is carried by fully wired scart cables, but sometimes not by cheap ones.

If it's receiving RGB then when you press the "i" button on the remote your TV should say "AV1/RGB" in the top left of the screen. If it just says "AV1" then either your NTL box is not outputting RGB, or your scart cable isn't carrying it.