1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic Viera freeview "xtraview" problem

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by grizz, Jun 15, 2005.

1. grizz

Standard Member

Apr 17, 2003
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    North West UK

Panasonic Viera 37" with inbuilt freeview
    latest firmware
    latest channel update

Has anybody comes across this problem with freeview? I found a channel called "Xtraview" on channel 36, where you have to phone up to get a 4 digit pincode (costs £1) to view the programs for the day. so I did, no problem, entered the pin via the hand set and the channel cleared, now this is were the problem arises, after 60sec the pictures goes very dark so I have to press a key to bring it back normal (vol+ or vol-) then it happened again after 60sec, needless to say I changed channels and came back to channel 36, and had to pay another £1 to get a pincode (hmmmmmmmm smell a rippoff here, but hay ho, it got my interest into what's up with the picture), and the same thing happened again (picture goes very dark after 60sec, then pressed a key to bring it back (the vol+ or vol-), this has to be done every 60sec.

I've been into the setup screen, thinking that the screen saver maybe turned on, it isn't, gone through the screen modes, cinema, dynamic, etc (no joy) and then through screen sizes auto, 16:9 etc, still no joy. Is this a fault or am I missing something?,