1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic viera 42pe30b

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by gerry42, Jan 8, 2005.

1. gerry42

gerry42

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    Having an issue with picture quality on this set. Has been highly recommended on most Magazines, however seeing ghosting and faint cross screen graphics on Telewest. also picture quality of video recorder is crap.
    Any suggestions? Does the pixel config. at 850x 480 for this set provide a worse picture?
    Gerry

2. happyh

happyh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I have the same set and PQ is lovely on sky, dvd and freeview. Don't have a vcr though.
    It really does dedend on the source signal and how the connections are made.
    Can you give more info?

3. shyewei

shyewei

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +145
    I recently acquired the 37" version and must say that I shared your reservations initially.
    Firstly ensure that your box is set to output RGB (the first time I have noticed a difference between settings) and secondly the picture seems to improve over time. I initially felt that may Pace freeview recorder was miles better than the cable box, but after about a week of viewing the difference is marginal.
    It's an inherent problem with plasmas unfortunately that they are far more unforgiving. The picture quality on my Loewe was far superior, but to be fair the digital picture quality is the best I have seen in a plasma display.

Hope this helps

Shye Wei

4. gerry42

gerry42

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your reply. Have phoned Telewest who say that there is no setting changes to be made to their box regarding RGB etc.. What do you think?
    Gerry

5. shyewei

shyewei

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +145
    Typical Telewest.

If you press the telwest button (blue circles) then enter Settings -> Display you can adjust the output to RGB if it isn't already. Noticeably better PQ when set to RGB.