Panasonic Vieira link - how useful?

petet66

Prominent Member
Reaction score
My Panasonic plasma arrives next week (42" X10 - roll on Wednesday!) and I'm getting a Blu Ray player for Christmas.

My current Blu Ray player short list is:

Sony BDP 360
Panasonic BD35/BD60

I prefer the look of the Sony and it has coaxial digital out for audio which is useful as I'm short of optical inputs. The Sony is also a bit cheaper :) However I can shuffle the audio inputs around if I need to and the BD35/60 will connect to my Panasonic plasma with the added beneit of Vieira link.

What is Vieira link and is it something worth having? I really do prefer the Sony but would go for a Panasonic if the connectivity with my TV is better.

Viera Link allows the television remote to control the player, and also turn it on when you want to watch it.

To be honest, I think Viera Link's benefits lie more in HTIBs and recorders than Blu-Ray players.

My Panasonic plasma arrives next week (42" X10 - roll on Wednesday!) and I'm getting a Blu Ray player for Christmas.

My current Blu Ray player short list is:

Sony BDP 360
Panasonic BD35/BD60

I prefer the look of the Sony and it has coaxial digital out for audio which is useful as I'm short of optical inputs. The Sony is also a bit cheaper :) However I can shuffle the audio inputs around if I need to and the BD35/60 will connect to my Panasonic plasma with the added beneit of Vieira link.

What is Vieira link and is it something worth having? I really do prefer the Sony but would go for a Panasonic if the connectivity with my TV is better.
I have the 360 and the 37x10 What connectivity could be better with Viera .Assuming you have an AV amp with Hdmi you dont even connect directly to the Tv.

Thanks to you both for your replies.

I agree that Vieira link is more useful for a dvd/hd recorder - my dad has one and the whole "pause live tv" thing works much better because of Vieira link but am reassured that I'm not missing out with a plain old Blu Ray. Roll on an Blu Christmas with my new Sony BDP 360! :)

I have the older Sony S350 which I rate & it works perfectly via the viera Link on my Panasonic TX P50V10 :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom