Dismiss Notice
We're migrating the forum software to the next major version and this will require the site to be down for the best part of Monday 16th.
More details here. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Panasonic VCR NV-HD685 F06 Error - Where to get it repaired?

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by finisterre, Nov 5, 2005.

Tags:
  1. finisterre

finisterre
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

My VCR refuses to unload the tape that's in it, and is displaying a 'F 06' error. I'd like to get it repaired rather than replaces as it's one of those that has a tape library management system, and the tape that's currently in there has the index of 60 odd tapes on it.

I'm in central london. Anyone know anywhere that repairs Panasonic VCRs in this area? I'm guessing it's an eject motor failure of similar.

Thanks.

2. Daddy

Daddy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I had the 680 model and it failed with exactly the same problem you have. I looked into repairs but it just didn't seem cost effective. I ended up picking up a new JVC SVHS recorder from Ebay for ~£100 instead. No good if you want to recover your library though :(

3. Archie Fax

Archie Fax

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    You could try a panasonic service centre or any good tv repair shop. Look in the phone book ect..

4. goffer23

goffer23

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My Panny 600 also failed with F06 error and it appears to be a failure of the cassette loading/unloading motor. My local repair man tried unsuccessfully for several weeks to get a replacement, so looks like a bin job. :thumbsdow