1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic VCR change x 3 !! - menu flicker!

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by Helpmedo, Aug 19, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Helpmedo

Helpmedo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My Panasonic S-VHS VCR (model NV-sv121EB) has now been exchanged 3 times and even this one is playing up.

My current hardware is all Panasonic and consists of TV + DVD player + SAT box + VCR.

The menu graphics jump/flicker at all times other than in AV2S mode when the screen goes black & white and the menu graphic stabilise.

However, when disconnecting this and rigging up either a BUSH or HITACHI VCR (both of which are not S-VHS) the menu graphics are always fine – surprisingly no incompatibility problems etc.

As an experiment I simplified the scenario by simply connecting the problematic Panasonic to a portable TV and NO problem was experienced – the menu graphic were fine! It seems that some sort of interference is occurring with this particular VCR. The budget Bush + Hitachi VCR’s coped with the full set up perfectly – amazingly with no problems!

The following points came to mind/done;

1. Played around with the tracking – problem persisted.
    2. Used quality THOR brand scart leads- problem persisted.
    3. Phone Panasonic who do not know why this is occurring !
    4. Set VCR to shipping condition & re-tuned it to no avail !

Any ideas out there ??? – if so, you should be working for Panasonic !!

Many Thanks……….. :mad:

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,261
    Sounds like your trying to watch a composite picture using a Scart set to S-Video or vice versa.

How is your VCR connected to your TV? By Scart I hope! If so check your TV menu and see if you can set the input for that socket as S-Video (or Video/Composite). If no joy at that end then tackle the VCR: see if you can get an on screen display from your Panasonic VCR and change the Output option to S-Video/Video.

3. stanleyntl

stanleyntl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    I had a dem of a NVSV21EBS in shop, it had bad edge tizz and had really bad picture drop outs on high grade tape : ET mode was worse than regular VHS.
    What is your machine like?