Question Panasonic UHD HDR TV Dilemma

Horrocks7

Novice Member
Reaction score
OK. Hi to all that come across.

So here's Dilemma. (Fortunate as is). A fortnight ago my old Panasonic Plasma packed in. I luckily had the KNOWHOW whatever happens cover from currys. So I booked the TV into repair. In the meantime I came across a bargain. Very.co.uk. had reduced the Panasonic 50dx700b to £550. From £999. On top I had a 10% off code. So without any messing I straight away flew through the the checkout and bought it. £495 what a bargain I thought.

Then 2 days later a lady from KNOWHOW rang me to say my old tv had been written off. She said I'd recieve a txt code for a new like for like. I received txt the day later and went down to currys. The guy there printed this equivalent tv out. It was a JVC priced at £379. OK I said. But listen it must have 3D as I have kids that love it. It wasn't. 40 mins later after following the manager round the store. The conclusion was the cheapest tv he could find to compare luke for like was the Panasonic 50dx750b (£899) I was over the moon!

So my question is, is there much of a difference between the dx700b to the dx750b? Or do I sell the dx750b keep my Very.co.uk bargain and put the difference to a Panasonic uhd player? Is the xbox1 s or the playstation pro capable of playing uhd hdr material? Any suggestions?

Thanks all.. and merry Christmas

According to pannys site the 750 has a brighter display and an extra HDMI port so thats handy as panny were always weak in this area often only supporting 3 HDMI ports.

So I'd keep the 750 if it were me.

The Xbox One S can play 4K digital streaming and physical media (4k Blu-ray), the Playstation Pro can only play 4K digital media, it has no 4K BD support.

Yeh that's what I'm thinking. I've listed the 700b for sale now on eBay. That's an interesting point as with the xbox one s capable of playing physical media content. Thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom