Panasonic UB9000 MkII

two2midnight

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A very skimpy bit of news that Panasonic will be releasing a new version of the UB9000 in May 2021.

A very skimpy bit of news that Panasonic will be releasing a new version of the UB9000 in May 2021.

Could perhaps be an opportunity for some to pick up the current model at a less eye watering cost?

Is the new audio processor the 2 channel DAC or multichannel DACs do we know ?

Is the new audio processor the 2 channel DAC or multichannel DACs do we know ?
Not mentioned although the fire at the AKM factory might have something to do with a possible DAC change if that is what is being referred to. With the 2ch AK4493 used in far fewer devices it may be that which is harder to source vs the AK4458 8 ch DAC which is used in many Denon/Marantz AVRs.

Hopefully they will use the 4468 in the new model

Only the later multichannel DAC the replacement to the 4458 in reality I’d like a bank of 8 449x’s in mono with dedicated boards but that’s just a dream as I think I’m the only person on the planet still running analogue out 😳

You are not alone. My interest when buying this player is to connect it to my stereo ampli using the RCA analogue out therefore using the quality internal DAC in order to stream content, wired, from the apps the UB9000 has... waiting for Panasonic to bring Disney+ in the players as they have just done with the TV sets.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom