Panasonic UB900 - help needed

megson

Established Member
Reaction score
i have recently purchased a Panasonic UB900 UHD player and when setting the player up I am unable to get past the "welcome" and "please wait" message that comes on the display when powered up. The remote control and buttons on the top of the machine are unresponsive and I cannot even get the disc tray to open. After a while an error message reading F99 is displayed. I have followed the procedure stated in the manual for when that particular error message is displayed but it has been to no avail. I have done a factory reset but this has had no effect.

I was advised that a firmware update might be needed and to connect the player to a non 4K TV and carry out the update as this should sort out the problem. I have done this and still get nothing except "please wait" and "welcome".

I have used several different hdmi cables but this has not worked and it is definitely not the batteries in the remote. The batteries are fine.

Has anybody out there had the same problem and if so, how was it sorted. I'm at my wits end with it.

Help would be appreciated.

Regards
Megson

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom