Panasonic UB820 or LG UBK90 for entry-level 4K TV?

watwhatt

Novice Member
Reaction score
I am looking to buy a new 4K UHD Blu-ray Player but kinda stuck on which one should I get between Panasonic UB820 or LG UBK90

My TV is 2018 LG 50UK6500 right now. Is HDR Optimizer in UB820 worth upgrading? (but anyway I am planning to get some OLED TV by the end of this year too)

Try the Panasonic UB450 or Sony X700. The LG machine, based on my experiences of it, is an utter mess. It's not even possible to disable CEC.

Get the Panny 820. It's a superb machine, which will bring out the best in any TV you put it with. I haven't had a disc yet which has caused it problems.

I am looking to buy a new 4K UHD Blu-ray Player but kinda stuck on which one should I get between Panasonic UB820 or LG UBK90

My TV is 2018 LG 50UK6500 right now. Is HDR Optimizer in UB820 worth upgrading? (but anyway I am planning to get some OLED TV by the end of this year too)
UB820

FWIW the UBK90 is sometimes nearly half the price of the 820. I paid £164 for mine at RicherSounds.

Another vote for the UB820 here. Very happy owner & well worth the extra money imo

820 definitely. I've had both too and love the 820, and as mentioned in one of my other comments on another thread, the upscaling is amazing.

Incidently I got mine from this company (via their eBay store). I paid the extra for the region free (DVD & Blu-ray) upgrade:

It's operated flawlessly since I got it. In the Panasonic range, only the UB9000 is better and even then, if you're connecting solely buy HDMI - there's no difference between them on a technical level.

The UB9000 has a better DAC (not relevant if connection is via HDMI), and has better build quality (metal chasis vs plastic). For most the UB820 is the one to get.

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Hello again,

I ended up getting used UB320 from marketplace and i kinda impressed. At least 4K UHD performance is much better than my previous Xbox One X. Kinda disappoint that it doesn't have HDMI audio out port but I can connect it to my LG Atmos sound bar and passthough to my TV with no issue.

Also I like how Panasonic UI like more than LG player. Maybe if I get OLED, I will go for UB820.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom