Panasonic ub820 dvd/blueray rip compatibility and hdr10+ HELP

Cheetham100

Novice Member
Reaction score
Anybody with the Panasonic ub820 know if it will play home made dvd and blueray discs? Also what about home made uhd 4k discs?

Also I have a lg sn11 7.1.4 soundbar and apparently it hasnt got hdr10+ support. So if I plug the ub820 into this and then have the soundbar to the tv via hdmi earc (Samsung q70t) which supports hdr10+, will I get hdr10+ or not.

Any help with these questions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :thumbsup:

Anybody with the Panasonic ub820 know if it will play home made dvd and blueray discs? Also what about home made uhd 4k discs?

Also I have a lg sn11 7.1.4 soundbar and apparently it hasnt got hdr10+ support. So if I plug the ub820 into this and then have the soundbar to the tv via hdmi earc (Samsung q70t) which supports hdr10+, will I get hdr10+ or not.

If they are mastered using correct methods it should do for DVD and blu-ray at least. I've used home made DVDs on Panasonic players OK in the past.

Yes, if you connect UB820 directly to TV
Connect
UB820 main HDMI port--->TV
UB820 2nd HDMI (audio)--->soundbar
or
TV earc port--->soundbar

soundbar connections
Earc HDMI port from TV earc HDMI port
and/or
ano HDMI port from UB820 2nd HDMI port (carrying audio only)

If they are mastered using correct methods it should do for DVD and blu-ray at least. I've used home made DVDs on Panasonic players OK in the past.

Yes, if you connect UB820 directly to TV
Connect
UB820 2nd HDMI (audio)--->soundbar
or
TV earc port--->soundbar

If I plug the UB820 from the video/audio hdmi port to the hdmi port on the tv and then link the audio from the audio hdmi to the soundbar will I get dolby atmos then. Because my tv doesnt support atmos so I would need a solution that could possibly give me both hdr10+ and dolby atmos simultaneously

If I plug the UB820 from the video/audio hdmi port to the hdmi port on the tv and then link the audio from the audio hdmi to the soundbar will I get dolby atmos then. Because my tv doesnt support atmos so I would need a solution that could possibly give me both hdr10+ and dolby atmos simultaneously
Yes. That is what the 2nd HDMI on the UB820 for audio out is for
UB820 main HDMI port--->TV (HDR10+)
UB820 2nd HDMI (audio)--->soundbar (atmos)

Yes. That is what the 2nd HDMI on the UB820 for audio out is for
UB820 main HDMI port--->TV (HDR10+)
UB820 2nd HDMI (audio)--->soundbar (atmos)
OK thanks. So If I wasnt bothered about HDR10+ and just normal HDR10 then could I just use one hdmi from the video/audio port to soundbar then soundbar to tv through earc and still recieve atmos. Or will I only get atmos from using the audio only HDMI port. Thanks

OK thanks. So If I wasnt bothered about HDR10+ and just normal HDR10 then could I just use one hdmi from the video/audio port to soundbar then soundbar to tv through earc and still recieve atmos. Or will I only get atmos from using the audio only HDMI port. Thanks
Q1. Yes
Q2. No

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom