Panasonic 'U30' Plasma series advice?

bery_451

Established Member
Reaction score
Does the U30 or UT30 suffer from Fluctuating brightness and green blotches issues?

also is the 2011 'u' series have mll black problems like the 2009/10 models?

does the ut30 have a better picture quality than u30 when it comes to 2d?

thanks,

anyone?

also does the ut30 has hdmi 1.4 ports?

does ut30 has better blacks than a st30 in a dark room?

cheers,

UT30 would I have slightly better blacks with all the lights out (0.02cd/m2 vs 0.028cd/m2) but the ST30 goes brighter & also has better contrast in all conditions
I think the UT30 is based on the S20 from last years range, it doesn't suffer from the green tint or splodges & the fluctuating brightness has been fixed on the latest firmwares for all models anyway
It also does not have cooling fans
IMO the UT30 is a good buy but after owning both the St30 is a lot better for little extra money IMO
If you can get an ST30 without the green splodge it is an excellent buy

UT30 would I have slightly better blacks with all the lights out (0.02cd/m2 vs 0.028cd/m2) but the ST30 goes brighter & also has better contrast in all conditions
I think the UT30 is based on the S20 from last years range, it doesn't suffer from the green tint or splodges & the fluctuating brightness has been fixed on the latest firmwares for all models anyway
It also does not have cooling fans
IMO the UT30 is a good buy but after owning both the St30 is a lot better for little extra money IMO
If you can get an ST30 without the green splodge it is an excellent buy

thanks for the advise i think i will go for the ut30.

forgot to say if the ut30 has any hdmi 1.4 ports?

If cant be classed as a 3dtv if it doesnt have hdmi 1.4

its similar to full hd tvs that dont have hdmi and the seller says excuses like 1080p still works through vga or component but it sucks.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom