1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TXPB50C CRT/IR remote Probs

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Tony_Anon, Jan 4, 2004.

1. Tony_Anon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:

Bought a Panasonic 32PB50C from currys about a year ago. Couple of months ago noticed a high-pitched buzzing electrical-sounding noise from the back which got steadily worse. At one point it was so bad, you had to put tv volume up. About the same time, I noticed it wouldn't start with the remote in the morning (was on standby all night). When it did, I could only switch it on but couldn't press any menu buttons/volume control etc.
    After about 30 mins, it all started working ok. Currys technician came out and had a look. Said it had to be taken away.
    He said the PB50C (built-in Dolby 5.1) isn't one of their best ones and he'd never heard of it! About 4 weeks later, it came back apparently with a new CRT and IR receiver board/chip on TV. Same thing happened again! Noise from back and remote probs. They said the CRT cost 600 quid!
    I don't think they did jack s*** with it. Also, I heard that some models actually have a phillips tube in them! I got the tv replaced via warranty and went for sony. Almost all my electrical items are
    Panasonic. I won't be buying them again! I even emailed Panasonic and got no reply. Terrible customer relations.

Has anybody else had picture/remote control probs with the PB50C?
  2. mansell

Feb 11, 2002
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Hi Tony , I had three of these until I gave up and got a refund

the first one had a buzzing noise, this was fixed (set was only days old when they took it away for repair) . However some months later I noticed a mark on the inside of the tube so i got it replaced.

2nd set had a great picture but bad geometry

3rd set had a bad picture so I got my mony back

I can't remenber if i had a remote problem but I do know panny had a known issue with buzzing scan coils on this set .