Panasonic TXP50ST50B 3D Plasma - £799 including delivery + 2yr Warranty

davidcrofter

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Up for pre-order with a 2yr Parts & Labour Warranty from Domestic & General:

Panasonic TXP50ST50B 50 inch 3D Plasma TV 2 yr warranty

Taking orders for delivery end August - add just £19.99 for the 5yr Warranty. Fair bit cheaper than anybody else though you have to factor in the order timescale ... perfect price and timescale for me.:smashin:

Great price, just a pity I bought mine over 7 days ago

Great price but I want one in time for the olympics.

Getting Richer Sounds to price match House of Fraser and selling the free Bluray player is the next cheapest deal or buy from Currys @ £934.15 using "TV1000" code :smashin:

I haven't got the funds until Monday and the Currys site states 2-4 weeks for despatch. I'll check with Richer sounds but their nearest branch is about 100 miles away, do they deliver that distance?

Technically the ST50 is an instore purchase only, however I got a branch to deliver to me for £25

Glad I put my order in for this last night as it's gone up to £999.99!

End of Aug gives me plenty of time to sort out a good wall bracket (anyone recommend one?) and what cables I'll need.

Thanks to the OP for the heads up. :thumbsup:

Glad I put my order in for this last night as it's gone up to £999.99!

End of Aug gives me plenty of time to sort out a good wall bracket (anyone recommend one?) and what cables I'll need.

Thanks to the OP for the heads up. :thumbsup:

Bad news CrazyHorse I am afraid - got an email earlier from them saying it was a misprice on the website and the actual price should have been £999.99 ... bit of a shambles but you should get your money refunded pretty sharpish if they have already taken it.

Just need to keep on looking I guess ...:(

Bad news CrazyHorse I am afraid - got an email earlier from them saying it was a misprice on the website and the actual price should have been £999.99 ... bit of a shambles but you should get your money refunded pretty sharpish if they have already taken it.

That is a shame. :(

If they've taken the money they've entered into a binding contract ;)

I think dispatch is the binding contract for online sales usually, because the cash part is usually automated so no human is confirming the sale as such

I think dispatch is the binding contract for online sales usually, because the cash part is usually automated so no human is confirming the sale as such

Yep they said as much in their original email detailing the order - the contract with them is not formed until they dispatch the goods ...

I have won a few and lost lots of these disputes so I am not even going to bother as mistakes are made and I don't believe this was a deliberate error on their part ... onwards and upwards as they say.:D

Yep they said as much in their original email detailing the order - the contract with them is not formed until they dispatch the goods ...

Hi mate, a couple of questions about your order with these guys if you don't mind, as I'm now a little concerned after vinny41's post!?...

Did they take the money from your account right away?
How long after you placed your order did you receive the cancellation email and have the refunded your account?

I received a confirmation email from them when I placed my order and the following morning another email asking if I wished to keep my order pending, as the TV wouldn't be in-stock 'til mid-late Aug. I replied I'd like to keep my order in place and that's how things stand at the moment...my order is still in place and they've taken payment!

I'm just wondering how long it will be before I get a cancellation email and a refund of my £££'s.

Hi mate, a couple of questions about your order with these guys if you don't mind, as I'm now a little concerned after vinny41's post!?...

Did they take the money from your account right away?
How long after you placed your order did you receive the cancellation email and have the refunded your account?

I received a confirmation email from them when I placed my order and the following morning another email asking if I wished to keep my order pending, as the TV wouldn't be in-stock 'til mid-late Aug. I replied I'd like to keep my order in place and that's how things stand at the moment...my order is still in place and they've taken payment!

I'm just wondering how long it will be before I get a cancellation email and a refund of my £££'s.

Here is the timeline:
I placed the order on the 7th and payment was processed via WorldPay.
(Actual money didn't go out of my bank until the 11th)

I then got the out of stock until August email on the 9th and I like you agreed to wait.

On the 12th I got the mis-price email and a refund from WorldPay was issued on the same day.
(Refund showed up in my bank account on the 13th)

Strange you have not had the mis-price email yet but no doubt you will get it in the next couple of days ... I certainly wouldn't be beating myself up worrying about it though as everything should work out fine for you.;)

Thanks for the reply.

I guess things have slowed down a little, being the weekend and I'll probably get the cancellation and refund early next week.

Have you found any other TV deals that take your fancy yet?

Thanks for the reply.

I guess things have slowed down a little, being the weekend and I'll probably get the cancellation and refund early next week.

Have you found any other TV deals that take your fancy yet?

Yeah keep us updated just in case your order goes through ...;)

Found nothing as yet - I already have a 50" Panasonic G20 so not in any great hurry to upgrade in all honesty. Probably be nearer the end of the year before a similar deal comes along on the 2012 Panasonic plasmas.

As expected, got the cancellation email today along with a WorldPay refund.

Ho hum. :rolleyes:

Ah well, nice try anyway OP. :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom