Panasonic TXL42ET60B screen fault, repairable or not?

jbmouse101

Novice Member
My 8 yr old Panasonic has suddenly started exhibiting a series of horizontal lines near the bottom of the screen, they flicker a bit, are worse on the right hand side, worse on light picture, not visible on black parts. I have attached some photos and I have a video that I dont seem able to post here.The dealer engineer says its a broken screen problem, but no parts are available for this age of TV, so is it unrepairable or not? Any help appreciated before I raid my pension pot for a new oled TV.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    239.4 KB · Views: 23
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 24
  • 20210514_095611.jpg
    20210514_095611.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 22

JayCee

Distinguished Member
With the cost of a new screen (if available) + labour you'd be better off putting the money towards a new TV.

Upvote 0

jbmouse101

Novice Member
I have been guessing the cost, expect at least £150, new very good spec TV £900, so a saving, maybe, but old set may have other things go wrong and it doesn't have all the latest features, so a new set will be researched, double checked, then checked again before I jump. Would love oled but may have to pass because of the cost.

Upvote 0

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom