Quantcast

Question Panasonic TX58EX700B buzzing sound with Sky Q

Ajaja2016

My new Panasonic is producing a high pitch sound when changing channels in sky cinema with the parental lock enabled furthermore, the same noise come on when leaving a recording by hitting the back button.

I have tried few things under sky sound/visual settings and the result is as follow.

Bith Dolby options triggers the tv to produce this annoying noise however setting it to standard resolves the issue.

I have changed my HDMI to rule out any bad connexion but I still unhappy that I have to be on standard sound for my new tv sound to work properly.

Has anyone figured out a better fix whilst still using Dolby sound?

JayCee

Distinguished Member
There's no real benefit to setting the Sky box HDMI audio to “Dolby D” if you're just feeding it to a standard TV, it's really meant for an external audio system and speakers or a soundbar.

chopdog01

Novice Member
Except you are supposed to be able to feed Sky, Apple TV and others into a TV - and then go onto a sound bar for 5.1 or Dolby Atmos etc.... I am running Sky on stereo (booo) and everything else 5.1
Sky causes my Panasonic OLED to BEEEEPPP when the Sky plays silence or you switch channel.

chopdog01

Novice Member
Passes through other DD though. Old cheap Panasonic and a new Samsung work fine but a Panasonic too of the line OLED didn’t work in 2017.

Clem_Dye

Then I'd be asking Sky for a reduction in my monthly payments until such time as they can fix it, especially as they know about it. It's a bit rich asking customers to pay for a problematic service, but then of course we are talking about Sky ...

Clem