Question Panasonic TX58DX902B Or LG OLED 55E6V?

Twin Turbo

Established Member
Reaction score
Morning all.

Somebody help me please!

I currently have an LG 55UF860V, and as much as I like it, it annoys me that it'll do HDR over everything bar HDMI! Which kinda nullifies my Xbox One S as a UHD Bluray player.
With that in mind, I decided to upgrade, and thus began my dilemma.
Do I increase size and upgrade picture quality (Panny), or keep my current size and massively upgrade picture quality (LG)?
Both are currently reduced ex-display models in my local Currys.
The Panny has been on display for a while. Has no box or remote and I'll need to get a VESA pedestal stand for it as the legs are to wide on the standard one.
The LG was only put on display yesterday, and is brand new. Has box and remote.

After purchasing the remote and pedestal stand, the price difference between the two will be €300, with the OLED being the more expensive.

So what's the general thinking? LG or Panny?

If it were me i would say the Panasonic DX is the better and safer bet.

If there both X Display sets then the chances are the LG OLED could have screen burn or other screen artefacts from being in shop mode and all settings set to high !!

I actually have both the Panasonic 58"DX902 and the LG 65"E6 OLED. There both fantastic TV sets and both produce a stunning picture. For me i prefer the Panasonic DX902 for everyday TV viewing for SD and HD material as i feel the Panasonic processing is a bad better than the LG E6.

The LG E6 has a great picture and goes very black but so does the DX902.

If i was asked which TV i would buy between both of these after owning them i would have the Panasonic DX902 without doubt :thumbsup:

Cheers Bacus.

Just to clarify, the LG was only put out onto the floor yesterday, so is basically a one day old set. When I was over there yesterday lunchtime, they actually plugged in and turned it on for me for the first time!
The Panny has a fair bit of dust in the rear vents, which leads me to believe it may have had a hard life.

One of my biggest "fears" is after getting the Panny, will I regret not going OLED?

Which one is best for sports/fast paced stuff? And gaming?

If the LG has only been on display for one day then I'd go for it over the Panny. I must admit that I'm biased as I own an OLED55E6.

Cheers JMB.

Have you had any issues with the set? Does it handle everything ok?

If you're watching a lot of HDR content then the DX902 may suit you better, personally I couldn't go back to LED now apart from maybe the Sony ZD9 but it's more expensive than the LG OLED's so my primary viewing would have to be mostly HDR content for that or if my viewing environment was bright.

In theory OLED will handle sports/fast paced stuff better due to the quicker response of the pixels however better processing on the Panasonic may be enough to make it better. I think I might be nervous of playing games 24/7 on the OLED, especially HDR stuff, as I'd be worried about screen burn. I have a 2015 OLED (which I think is fantastic) and have never experienced screen burn but do not play games on it.

Cheers JMB.

Have you had any issues with the set? Does it handle everything ok?

My only gripe is that it has a single tuner so I cannot watch another channel if I'm recording a live programme to an external hard drive. The HDR is not as eye popping as LCD would be but I'm happy to just draw the curtains. Don't forget that the 3D is amazing (IMHO).

Cheers guys.
Don't watch much HDR (yet) if I'm honest. 90% of stuff is Sky SD/HD. The other 10% is made up of the kids playing Xbox One and us maybe watching a film from the USB.

My only gripe is that it has a single tuner so I cannot watch another channel if I'm recording a live programme to an external hard drive. The HDR is not as eye popping as LCD would be but I'm happy to just draw the curtains. Don't forget that the 3D is amazing (IMHO).

Don't use tuners in any tv, so that's ok.

Yeah the 3D is another plus. My last 2 set have been passive 3D LG models, so have a fair bit of stuff for the kids.

I guess my big thing is, which will I regret not buying more? I'm thinking the OLED as I never thought I'd be able to get my greasy paws on one of them.

I think I might be nervous of playing games 24/7 on the OLED, especially HDR stuff, as I'd be worried about screen burn. I have a 2015 OLED (which I think is fantastic) and have never experienced screen burn but do not play games on it.

I play games all the time on my LG 65B6V OLED. Mainly PC games, but also Nintendo Switch and PS4 Pro. I also sometimes have the Window desktop background showing on it as it's my secondary monitor, but I just set Windows 10 to cycle through backgrounds every 1 minute to avoid screen burn.

Never had issues.

I play games all the time on my LG 65B6V OLED. Mainly PC games, but also Nintendo Switch and PS4 Pro. I also sometimes have the Window desktop background showing on it as it's my secondary monitor, but I just set Windows 10 to cycle through backgrounds every 1 minute to avoid screen burn.

Never had issues.

Good to know.

Afternoon all.

Took everything on board and bought the OLED!:clap:
I know I'd have been perfectly happy with the Panny, bu I never thought I'd get an OLED for €1650!

Thanks for all the help.

Now to start looking for faults!;)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom