Panasonic TX55gz950B Recent loss of access to YouTube and other sites

ptl

Standard Member
Panasonic TX55gz950B Recent loss of access to YouTube and other sites

I have a Panasonic TX55gz950B Purchased Nov 2019. Up until about 10 days ago I had easy access to YouTube and Itechmedia but suddenly I lost the ability to make the connections. I can access them on a Samsung tablet, a PC and a Samsung phone, it appears to be only the Panasonic TV that is unhappy. I have tried switching off for a complete minute and also reinstalled the YouTube App, but no joy. Other sites are accessible such as BBC News but it takes time to load and pictures take a long time to appear, other sites seem to operate normally, e.g. Netflix.

I got the TV from Richer Sounds and they suggested that possibly Panasonic had problems with licensing for YouTube, does anybody have any suggestions.

PTL

mikej

I've got no issues using the YouTube app on my GZ950, so I don't think the problem lies with Panasonic. I can't comment on any issues with the browser though because I don't use it.

You could try a factory reset to 'shipping condition' and checking your GZ950's privacy settings via the setup menu - I seem to remember I had to set it to Low to get iPlayer to work when I first set the TV up.

You could also try rebooting your router.

ptl

Standard Member
To Mikej

Thanks for advice, I tried setting to shipping condition and it worked. It did delete my apps, but it only took a few minutes to restore them. Thank you

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom