Panasonic TX50DX700B

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by MarkLP89, Dec 23, 2016.

1. MarkLP89

MarkLP89
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just been to look at this TV in a local electrical shop, really like it but I'm just concerned there could be something out there better value. I need it to have small feet and not right on the end as I need to angle the TV on the oak unit I have. It's priced at £629.99 which looks very competitive.

Any thoughts or owners views?

Thanks
    Mark

2. EndlessWaves

EndlessWaves
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,509
    All the models at this price seem to be competitive, and are available with a central stand. Samsung's KU6400, LG's 770v, Sony's XD80 and Philips' 6551

The main downside with the DX700 would be it's viewing angles, although I haven't seen any measurements on how it compares with the Samsung's (also a VA panel).

Panasonic also offer refurbished nearly new units of the next model up, the DX750 from their official outlet for £700.

3. Dodgexander

Dodgexander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,247
    At 50" you'll get the best PQ from the Panasonic because unlike others it uses a VA panel. Only reason to go with others is what's already been mentioned about poor viewing angles.

4. panoman

panoman
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The DX700 is a spectacular TV, and the best pick out of any 50" for £666 (Currys/John Lewis)

• Edge Lit
    • VA Pannel
    • HDR 350nit peak
    • Out of the box accuracy is fantastic with only minor adjustments
    • Panasonics array of adjustments in the settings
    • Fire Fox OS, Freeview Play
    • HLG Support form UHD iplayer

5. pitchindigo

pitchindigo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    I saw the Panasonic Viera TX50DX700B today. Has a 2-position adjustable feet to fit almost any stand. Has the All 4 app. Wasn't impressed with the backplate you have to remove just to get access to all of the ports (HDMI etc.) It was a few TV's away from the Samsung UE40KU6020. Moving left to right from the Panasonic 50" 700B TV, the colours are greyed/washed out rapidly. I did the same with the Samsung 50" KU6020, and the colours were not seen as washed out. So...The Panasonic has very bad viewing angles and are very tight. Also....for the Panasonic 40", either 600B or 700B version it's a nightmare to have a sound bar at close-up to the front of the TV due to the width of the legs, and the only way around this is you have a larger depth TV stand to allow the sound bar to be right to the front. The height of the screen (bottom) from what its sitting on (With Stand) is 4CM. For the Samsung, it's 9CM. The Panasonic has All 4 app. The Samsung's don't. Normal HD 1080p TV's are literally being phased out. I was very pleased with most of the Samsung models I saw from 40"-65". The Panasonic needs a lot of calibrating from online info, from out of the box. The Samsung needs little, and pleases the customer straight out of the box. At present, I am sticking by my guns, that the Samsung 40KU6400 is the best choice.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2016