1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TX47PT1 and Sony KP41DS1

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by harvy2020, Apr 1, 2001.

Tags:
  1. harvy2020

harvy2020

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Right heres my questions any help/info would be appreciated.

Thanks.

1. Does anybody own or seen the Panasonic running? whats it like is it as good as Panasonic big it up to be?? It seems very big I just havent seen many reviews or user opions of it on the web so was wondering if its worth getting, it sure is expensive for a Tv thats 2-ish years old. All the pro's and con's of this set would help me.

2. I ve seen a ex-display model (Panasonic-TX47PT1) for £1500 is it worth it or am i likely to get a tube failure and so stick with getting a new one??

3. I would also like to know does the Sony KP41DS1 have any audio outs?? I wanna connect it to my amp so how would i be able to do this on it??? (I havent seen any audio outs mentioned for this set)

I'm considering getting one of the above sets so any input would be great.

Thanks Again!!!!!!!

------------------
    Moooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

2. JohnS

JohnS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    I had the Pana 47tx for nearly a year before getting a refund ubder Comets no lemons guarantee for a minor but irritating reoccuring fault of the set keep switching itself off. In 11 months my main gripe was that the set was starting to suffer 4:3 picture burn in, due to the fact i dont like watching distorted pictures, (and probebly having the contrast set to high).

I have since replaced it with the tosh 56who8 which is a much superior set, the picture is brighter, sharper and has better contrast, the 100hz processing is barely noticibly in comparison to the Pana, (except watching football), but mainly its much bigger [​IMG].

My choice when i bought it had been narrowed to the Sony 51 and this tosh, we plumped for the tosh (despite its size inrespect of taking over the room) mainly because the screen seems much less reflective if there is any light in the room when you are watching it.

Hope this helps.

[This message has been edited by John Spicer (edited 01-04-2001).]

3. keith-cliff

keith-cliff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes the kp41ds1 does have audio out it also has centre speaker input which is switchable on-off by the menu this turns the left-right channels off and routes the sound from your centre output on your amp to them saves having a centre speaker on top of the set,i also have it for sale £1300 with the ondigital cam and upgrade.moving over the pond.