Panasonic Tx47DT65 or get the new range Panasonics

ranjb

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi

I am very close to purchasing a new set and coming from a Panasonic TXGT430 Plasma I have decided after some research and the price reductions as its a end of line model to go with the TX47DT65.

I also been looking at the newer range 2014 of Panasonic. Mainly the TX47AS740 Set.

From what I can tell this has improved smart tv features that are in the newer Panasonics but from a pic quality the DT65 will be a better bet as its a slightly higher spec TV.

Before I go and spend the cash tomorrow just wanted to get other opinions if possible.

I am not enthusiast, just want a nice clean 2D picture, not too worried about Sound as I have a Sonos Playbar, but things that are especially important are connectivity to remote NAS and smart TV features.

Do I stick with the DT65 as I can now get this within my budget or should I be looking at the newer AS series from Panasonic?

Thanks

has anyone purchased a newer AS range of panasonic recently?

Hello Ranjb! I have almost exactly the same dilemma as you are facing! I have found the TX-47DT65B cheapest price for £899.00 with 5-year warranty.....BUT!!!
John Lewis have offered me a price match on the new 2014 Panasonic model TX-47AS650B which works out at £749.99 with the £100 cash back. I'm looking to spend around £800 but cant decide which is the best TV? o_O Any progress on this issue???

Plenty of people wondering the same ,myself included ,do I go for a 2013 or 2014 model ? The specs particularly the smart features are much improved ,if you want them that is .
I have a youview box already so the new free time feature is if no use particularly as I,d lose my ability to record on youview . Tv Anywhere looks a nice feature ,don't believe last years model can do that though I stand to be corrected if it does .

The bottom line here is picture quality ,if it's an improvement I,d go 2014 but there Aren't any reviews about ,hoping they,ll arrive soon

I went into Currys yesterday to have a look at the new 2014 models and to be honest I was left a bit disappointed by the build quality, I felt as though they were a bit too plastic. So I have made up my mind I'm going to go for the 2013 model, either the TX-47DT65 OR TX-47WT65, hopefully will find one of those models for under £800(fingers crossed) but it's getting difficult as not much stock left out there.

has anyone purchased a newer AS range of panasonic recently?
Awaiting delivery of a 50" AS650, first smart and 3D one owned, bring on the World Cup!!

Last edited:
Hello All

I made my mind up after visiting Richer sounds, I also opted for the 2014 model. Limited reviews I know but I think for me personally with me wanting the better smart TV features and better 2D picture, I have gone for the 47AS650 model. Hope it's the right choice!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom