Panasonic TX37LZD80 vs Sony KDL-40W3000

daspeedz

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,

When I return to blighty next month i'm toying with idea of downsizing (due to moving into barrack block accomodation!) and the two main contenders are:-

Panasonic TX37LZD80
which is new for 08 and looks fantastic, plus priced from £699 to £899. The one i've seen is £879 from richersounds with 5 year panel protection.

OR

SONY KDL-40W3000
older, but highly rated, priced £900-£1300. looks dated compared to the Panasonic.

Both are in budget, and will be sourced with my PS3 and hopefully a spanking new Panasonic DMP-30BD bluray player.

What are the opinions and ratings of these two LCD's from all you fine forumites?

Many thanks

.Daspeedz.

Its unfair to compare 2008 model with a 2007.The new 40W4000 costs just £1025

I'm looking upto £900, The 40W4000 does look good but unless the prices drop a bit in the next month or two it'll be a bit out of reach.

I know its 08 vs 07 but its the bang for your buck I was considering with both the sets.

Now you've thrown the 40W4000 into it, i might sell the ex's GHD's on the fly, but i'd end up a dead man!

Yeah but maybe you wont need to throw anything as I expect the price to drop a bit during the first month

Well since starting this thread I'm now looking at the Panny TX37LZD85 or the 800. I Like the look of them and they seem a better match for the Sony and equally priced.

I'd be looking June/July so hopefully I can find some bargains then!

I've read on here about the W4000's having poorer or non-sony build quilty. I'll have to get in the shops when I'm back and have a look at both of them

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom