• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Panasonic TX37LZD80 vs Sony KDL-40W3000

daspeedz

Established Member
Hi folks,

When I return to blighty next month i'm toying with idea of downsizing (due to moving into barrack block accomodation!) and the two main contenders are:-

Panasonic TX37LZD80
which is new for 08 and looks fantastic, plus priced from £699 to £899. The one i've seen is £879 from richersounds with 5 year panel protection.

OR

SONY KDL-40W3000
older, but highly rated, priced £900-£1300. looks dated compared to the Panasonic.

Both are in budget, and will be sourced with my PS3 and hopefully a spanking new Panasonic DMP-30BD bluray player.

What are the opinions and ratings of these two LCD's from all you fine forumites?

Many thanks

.Daspeedz.

ChrisGgr

Distinguished Member
Its unfair to compare 2008 model with a 2007.The new 40W4000 costs just £1025

daspeedz

Established Member
I'm looking upto £900, The 40W4000 does look good but unless the prices drop a bit in the next month or two it'll be a bit out of reach.

I know its 08 vs 07 but its the bang for your buck I was considering with both the sets.

Now you've thrown the 40W4000 into it, i might sell the ex's GHD's on the fly, but i'd end up a dead man!

ChrisGgr

Distinguished Member
Yeah but maybe you wont need to throw anything as I expect the price to drop a bit during the first month

daspeedz

Established Member
Well since starting this thread I'm now looking at the Panny TX37LZD85 or the 800. I Like the look of them and they seem a better match for the Sony and equally priced.

I'd be looking June/July so hopefully I can find some bargains then!

I've read on here about the W4000's having poorer or non-sony build quilty. I'll have to get in the shops when I'm back and have a look at both of them

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom