Panasonic TX36PL32 strange Prog. scan problem

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Rabbitleader, Oct 19, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Rabbitleader

Rabbitleader

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ive had the TV for nearly 2 weeks now and I'm generally very pleased with it. No issues with geometry, dirty screen etc. thank heavens. I'm not convinced the 100hz picture is as good 'off air' as my beloved Panasonic TX32PL1 50hz set, but nevertheless it's a fine TV.

I have just one niggle. It's hooked up to a Toshiba SD350E DVD player on component for progressive scan playback ( I've always used Tosh players and been very impressed with the picture quality). The DVD playback on interlaced is awesome. However, switch to progressive and while the picture is rich and detailed, vertical straight edges - ie lamp posts, window frames etc. 'ripple' slightly, for want of a better word. I've tried several discs, all the same. Play them in interlaced and everything is rock solid. Switch to PS and the rippling effect returns. I've checked and double checked all my settings on both the TV and the DVD player, and everything's fine apparently. I'm using a QED Qunex P-CV1 Component cable by the way.

Has anybody else come across this problem and if so is it easily rectifiable? As I said earlier, the interlaced playback is awesome and I can happily live with it. It just seems a shame to have progressive scan capabilities on both the TV and DVD player and not be able to use them.