1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TX36PL30 feedback

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Deab, Apr 30, 2002.

1. Deab

Deab

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After some helpful advice here before my purchase, thought I'd provide some feedback.

I went for a Panasonic TX36PL30 from QED. Had no problems with delivery, and 4 months on I'm very pleased with it.

Only one small problem - the top of the screen is a little lighter than the rest. Only notice this if watching it with the lights out and its a dark picture (space shot's in sci fi for example), and I don't condsider it worth getting a replacement for.

PS2 (RGB scart) looks great to.

2. beavis

beavis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As I'm thinking of getting a PL30, a few questions:

1. Does it not look TOO big or are the dimensions small in comparision with other 36" models.

2. Is there any 100hz problems you've noticed?

3. What did you have before the 36"? Just wondering whether to go with a 32pl10 or 36pl30 and if there is a big difference?

Cheers

B

3. Deab

Deab

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    1- it doesn't look 'too' big, but that of course depends on the room.

2- no problems with 100Hz that I've noticed

3- We upgraded from a 29" (not wide), so a 32" wide would have meant a loss of height.

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I also have recently bought a tx36pl30 upgrading from a 29" non widescreen. You soon get used to the size and I would recommend this set to anyone, I have had no problems at all.