1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TX36pf10

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Belamos, Jul 8, 2001.

Tags:
  1. Belamos

Belamos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dear All

Ive just recently purchased a panasonic tx36pf10 and have noticed the following problems.

1. On the 2:35.1 anamorphic dvds the black bars are not equal in thickness the bottom one is thicker than the top one. Also on the 1.1:85 anamorphic dvds which should get rid of all the black bars theres still a thin black bar at the bottom. Can it be mended ?

2. My other problem is that there is ocassionally green marks down the side of peoples faces. What causes it and how do u get rid of it or reduce it?

3. when i turn the tv on theres a reasonably loud buzzing noise and the tv seems to have no brightness then it will flicker and the brightness will come on and the buzzing is only noticable when the tvs on mute. I was just wondering if it should do this or not ?

Thanks for any help recieved

2. Paul D

Paul D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +391
    Hi, i also have the 36pf10.

I suffer the green line down one side of things when using RGB input. As this was only a problem on RGB i just used Svideo and composite instead. The cause is usually the green being misconverged.

The black bars problem should be simple for a technician to adjust.

As for the buzzing on startup. Some buzzing can be the degausing operation. But the persistant buzzing is a known problem with the Pf10s. My set doesn't buzz at all but Panasonic is well aware of this problem with the rear scan coils. There is a fix, where they put blobs of plastic gum around the scan coils to reduce the noise.
    Get in touch with the place where you bought it from or Panasonic direct etc.
    My 36pf10 is almost flawless apart from the green in RGB mode etc. So should yours be!.
    Good luck...