1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TX36PF10 Geometry

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Simon_uk, Apr 5, 2001.

1. Simon_uk

Simon_uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello All

Can anyone help. I have just bought a Panny TX36 but the Geometry is terrable when watching a 4/3 Picture or 14/9, the right and left bars stretch out towards the bottom of the screen. When watching a widescreen DVD the top and bottom bars are perfect so I do not want to mess those around. Does anyone know If I can do any ajustments to the right and left bars. Is there a service menu and can I access it.

Regards simon

2. encaser

encaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    tihs is how to get in to service menu

Bass to max
    treble to min
    hold down "index"
    press "-" (minus) on the front of the set.

this will get you into the service menu.(it will default to 16:9 mode makes things a bit tricky for 4:3 geometry but it is possible)

coloured fastext buttons on the remote navigate left to right they are: back/forward/adjust up/adjust down : last two might be reversed but you get the idea.

"STR" saves new value: if you modify a setting and don't press this then the value will go back to its previous value when you move out of it.

"N" gets you out of the service menu.

settings are :

H-pos (horizontal position)
    V-pos (vertical position)
    H-amp (horizontal amplitude)
    V-amp (vertical amplitude)
    EW-amp1(EW-amplitude coarse pincushion looks like)
    EW-amp2(EW-amplitude finer/corners looks like)
    Trapez1(Trapezium comp_ suck it and see!)
    Trapez2(finer of the above suck it and see!)
    V-lin (vertical linearity)
    V-sym (vertical symmetry used with above to sort... vertical linearity !)

(ripped off the charitable MR D!) :cool:

3. CARLOS

CARLOS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,200
    Its worth writing all the setting down before you start making adjustments.

Just in case ;)

Cheers Carlos

4. Napoleon

Napoleon
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have the same tv,and had to change the geometry.First thing,is do what Carlos said,and write down all of the settings!!.I found that if you select the 4:3 mode,and then enter the service mode,you can change the 4:3 geometry.Be careful,as you can end up changing the geometry for 16:9,if you enter service mode,after watching a widescreen film.Don't get tempted into messing with things for the sake of it.There are only 4 settings which affect geometry.They are ::

East West Amplitude
    East West Amplitude 2
    Trapezium
    Horizontal Parallel

Good luck.

[ 07-04-2001: Message edited by: Napoleon ]

5. Napoleon

Napoleon
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    The DVCO is the voltage oscillator.On my TX36PF10 i get interference on dvds,watching in RGB.This can be adjusted out,or improved through this setting.However,it has been found that adjusting this,and correcting the AV1 input,will adversely affect the AV2/AV3 inputs.I would watch dvds with the S-video setting through the scart,as the RGB boosts the contrast to a searing level.CUTOFF,is not something you want to touch.I don't know exactly what it does,but leave it well alone!!.Adjustments to the geometry cover whatever source is played,pal,ntsc.On my tv i found the whites to be less than toothpaste white,so i adjusted the colour settings.There was far too much red,compared to the green,blue.I wrote down the 4 adjustments that affect geometry,in my first reply.Good luck.

6. Xantia

Xantia

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I also own a 32PF10 and I noticed that, for some unknown reason, the screen fonts of the menus seemed to have changed from a nice readable font (something like Arial) to a smaller and ugly font (something like a small Courier font). Is there in the service menu a possibility to change the screen fonts?
    Thanks
    Xantia