1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TX36-PL30

Discussion in 'TVs' started by lflesch, Apr 26, 2002.

Tags:
  1. lflesch

lflesch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

I'm going to buy a Panasonic TX36PL30 but, before, I would like to have all your opinions about this TV set : good :) / bad :-(

Other question : what is it reagarding 100Hz and viewing DVD ?

Thanks for all your answers,
    Laurent

2. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just had this set returned to the shop for a different model. However unless you are a perfectionist like me the faults I had wont bother you. The faults are in spec so will be in every set. they were.

1. 2 vertical bars either side of the screen. Only noticable when watching fast panning action like football. However you had to look hard to see them.

2. MOIRE patterns when watching reg 1 discs. these are quite annoying and easily spotted. They are like horozontal lines either side of the set but only noticable about 40% of the time. There is a way a panasonic engineer can cure this.

apart from the above the set was great. i have had 6 tvs in 8 monmths all with faults. This set was the best of the lot. Hope this helps

shaun

3. andyk

andyk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +165
    I have had one since November and am v. happy with it.

I haven't noticed the faults described above. Maybe because I haven't looked and they are hard to see?

It's all about level of expectation to me and knowing when to just be satisfied. 6 TVs in 8 months suggests seems like a hell of a lot

4. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    all of the last 6 tvs have all had very obvious faults. the panny had the least noticable faults and were in spec faults. the other tvs faults were all faulty faults if you know what I mean. The panny was a super tv but as I watch a lot of REG 1 discs, the moire lines were very distracting

5. Grubert

Grubert

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +72
    Yes, but I think that involves defocusing the CRT beam, so the image becomes too soft.

That's bad news because I thought they had worked it out for the PL series (bot the PK and PG have it).

Regards.

6. beavis

beavis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just had a look at the cheapest prices for the Pana 36pl30:

Empire has the 36pl30 at £1,397
    they also have the 32pl10 at £849.94

I'm tempted to get the 36pl30, but are a few extra features and an extra 4" viewing screen worth £547?

One thing I have been encouraged by though, is that there seem to be alot of happy 36pl30 owners!

7. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    when I jumped from 32 inch to 36 inch they difference in size seemed huge. I would certainly pay the extra for the 4 inches. (4 inches on the tv that is):)