1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TX36-PD50 - wrong AV1 input?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by chobot, Jun 4, 2005.

1. chobot

chobot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi!

I have PD50. I tried to connect all my toys to it (DVD player, VCR, digital TV set top box, DIVX player). I hoped that the number of AV inputs is OK, but ...

AV1 seems to have a problem! There are just two inputs which support RGB: AV1 and AV4. But if I connect something to AV1 using RGB, the quality is bad ... you can see stripes there (especially when the picture is dark).

AV4 does not have this problem. AV1 in non-RGB mode works good as well.

Do you know how to solve it? Is just my TV wrong or is it a common "feature"?

2. billystevo

billystevo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello i have a similar TV to you , i have satellite TV connected to av1 in rgb and don't get anything like you describe, i have my dvd connected on av4 using components. If everything you connect to av1 in rgb has the same problem the TV or connections must be suspect.

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    these sets and previous PD30 have issues with RGB source composite can look better, and S-video if you have the option should look superb

4. chobot

chobot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hm. It seems that only AV4 is able to handle RGB and S-Video properly.
    I've discovered that if I connect S-Video to AV2, there are stripes as well (vertical ones).
    RGB connected to AV1 produces horizontal stripes.
    AV4 works well both with RGB and S-Video. Sad. I'll call to the service, hopefully they will be able to do something with it.

If anyone has similar problems, please let me know.

5. chobot

chobot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi!

I have been told by the serviceman that this is a feature! And that also other TVs have this behaviour. And that I shouldn't use RBG and S-Video.
    Crazy.
    What do you think about it?

6. Tim-Ann

Tim-Ann

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +98
    Hi there,

Just checked our 2 36PD50's which have Sky+ (RGB) into AV1 and Panasonic E95 Component into AV4 and we can see non of what you are seeing.

Haven't tried S-Video into AV1 as Sky+ is Scart only?

Could I suggest it is AV1 on your TV that is faulty thus call service out?

Tim.

7. John-W

John-W
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm afraid that black level noise on RGB inputs is a feature of the TX32-PD30 and TX32-PD50. Please see my previous post...

www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1492887#post1492887

My efforts to get this design fault addressed by Panasonic have failed, despite reporting it to the UK MD. Panasonic refused to entertain supplying a replacement I/O signal conditioning panel to my dealer to see if this cured the problem - I suspect because they know from bench investigation that this is the location of the design fault. My dealer swapped the complete PD50, but the replacement is the same. However, the 'dirty screen' problem is much less evident.

My DVD player is connected via the perfect Component Input. But I'm resigned to using Composite rather than RGB for my Freeview input from an old Philips OnDigital STB. Actually, the picture is, in fact, excellent!

As I said in my previous post, the PD50 is in many ways a superb receiver. It's such a shame that, despite all the obvious expertise that has gone into the design, it is let down by a 'that'll do' attitude to a small, but crucial, aspect - namely RGB input handling.