1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TX32PS500 Shadowing Problems

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Paul Cooksley, Nov 17, 2004.

1. Paul Cooksley

Paul Cooksley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    Hello there

I bought recently a Panasonic Widescreen Television model number TX32PS500 from Curry's. I am about to exchange my SECOND set that I have tried and go over to a Sony due to the following:

I noticed on fast moving/panning images/predominately white screens that there are patches of "grey" or "shadowing" which remain static when the picture pans. On bright images of course, once you've noticed these patches, you are always seeing them - and its very annoying.

I have had Curry's Mastercare technician up who tells me that it could well be a shadowmask problem (indeed the problem with the first set, same model number as above) was that when I put the centre speaker on top of the set (as Panasonic say you can do) a green patch appeared in the top right hand corner of the screen and would not go away (well it got better as you moved the speaker away but didn't entirely go). As I had paid a lot of money for this set, I created a fuss and luckily for me, I am in the process of exchanging the Panasonic for a Sony.

I understand that all widescreen tv's can suffer a little from this, but I was concerned when, looking in tv showrooms, this Panasonic model (and others) all seemed a lot worse.

So, do Panasonics suffer from this worse than other makes? Does anyone have this model of tv. If so, are you happy with it? I chose this initially because it came with 5.1 surround sound speakers that you plug into the back of the set and I liked the design.

I know there is a thread above this about another model number of Panasonic which people have said suffer from this, but really just interested to know what people think about Panasonic tv's and does anyone have this particular model?

Thanks for your time reading this. Hope I haven't just repeated what's in the thread above but as I am really talking about a different model number thought it best to post this here.

Hope that's ok

Cheers

Paul

2. nig28

nig28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

""I put the centre speaker on top of the set (as Panasonic say you can do) a green patch appeared in the top right hand corner of the screen and would not go away (well it got better as you moved the speaker away but didn't entirely go).""

All televisions will do this if the speaker is faulty.
    Nigel