1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TX32PS5..common problem?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by tm_volrider, Nov 29, 2003.

1. tm_volrider

tm_volrider

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After reading various favourable reviews I bought this TV from Comet via the Internet.
    I bought it to replace a Thomson 32" wide screen TV I have had for 3 years before the tube decided to go soft, poor focus and general poor quality. ( thats another story!!)

Ok so set the TV up and superb picture and sound (with the optical cable from the DVD the Dolby Digital is excellent)
    However one minor snag that I would like to know if it is common to this set...When I get bright backgrounds with plenty of white shown (high beam current) I get a noticeable hum through the speakers, constant volume that is not affected by customer settings of Contrast Brightness etc. It is lost if the sound is turned up but is annoying.. before I call out an engineer just curious if anyone else has this ?
    Many thanks for antcipated replies
    Tony:)

2. Elgreco

Elgreco

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got this set on order, should have received it last week but didn't arrive. Do you get a good picture with standard scart leads or are you using those expensive ones?
    Thanks

3. tm_volrider

tm_volrider

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The picture is very very good, I have found that the only down side to the picture is that it shows up my CH4 and BBC1 signal strength is not as good as the others so a trip up to the aerial is required!
    You will be very impressed with the picture, it is as good as the reviews say, One thing I noticed as well, is that if you have a DVD then go get an optical cable about £12 from Argos or similar, then you can really appreciate the Dolby Digital sound, its excellent. You wont be disapointed. But please please let me know if you have the same problem as me, when you get a bright screen mainly white do you get a "hum" from the speakers??
    Look forward to your reply
    Cheers Tony

4. Elgreco

Elgreco

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks will let you know when my tele finally arrives.

5. Elgreco

Elgreco

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks will let you know when my tele finally arrives.