1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TX32PS12 smear 100Hz problem

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Ratty Burger, May 12, 2004.

1. Ratty Burger

Ratty Burger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys, I'm still waiting for the result of my price match, see my other thread about John Lewis and the Sony KV32FX68.

Meanwhile, my brother has bought a Panasonic TX32PS12, and whilst he states that the picture and sound are great, it does seem he's experiencing the 100Hz smear and jitter problem described in some other threads. This is particularly apparent when things move suddenly, especially sideways moving text at the bottom on the screen on news channels. It appears to be happening on all his sources, NTL digital box and terrestrial, but unfortunately the DVD and video combo he ordered has not arrived yet, so he can’t test them out to see if it occurs on them.

There doesn’t seem to be a Service Menu screen with this TV which allows you to make adjustments, like switching to 50Hz. Does anyone have a clue as to what he can do to improve things, short of replacing the TV with something else?

2. rossp

rossp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I had a panasonic tx32ps12 with a similar problem. There is a panasonic upgrade available which the engineer carried out but this did not completly cure the problem. They also gave me another set to try but this was also the same I have now swapped this set with them for the sony set that you mentioned which i have no probs with. I would speak to your engineer and see if the upgrade is applicable hope this helps.

3. jsync

jsync
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have just got a tx28ps12 and found this post after a quick google search as I am also experiencing problems with shadowing and smearing.

We are on our 2nd set now as the first one had lines down the left of the screen but we're still unhappy. I am starting to think that these sets arent the best value and that 100 Htz tv's arent the be all and end all - i thought the picture was supposed to be sharper! Is it likely that we have another dodgy set or should we swap to another model? One consideration is that we only have an analogue signal, will the picture improve with a digital signal??

Finally, I have had a look at the a couple of sony alternatives but I'm unsure -any ideas?

thanks

4. GaryB

GaryB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,264
    If you try a few searches on here you will find several threads relating to 100Hz side-effects and the merits of 50Hz vs 100Hz (unless the change of forum software has zapped them). Basically, what you are seeing is present to some degree on virtually all 100Hz TVs. Different people notice these side-effects to different degrees and what is acceptable to one person may be completely unacceptable to another.