Panasonic TX32PM1C dark picture problem

R

royboy

Hi there

My Panasonic TX32PM1C has basically just become several degrees darker in overall picture. Also a rather green hue to it. The fault is the same for Sky, DVD or other external source. I have searched but not found anything conclusive.
Suspect it could be the tube but I have only had it 2 1/2 years.

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance. Good to find somewhere where CRT still exists:)

Sounds 'tubey' but should be looked at by a decent engineer before condemning it.

If it is, The Sale of Goods Act needs investigating.....

The whole "sale of goods act gets you a free 6 year warranty" is a common fallacy, you won't get anywhere trying that line with the retailer. Read here for more details:

http://www.dti.gov.uk/consumers/fact-sheets/page38311.html

I didn't say, or imply The Sale of Goods Act "gets you a free 6 year warranty".

I beg to differ that "you won't get anywhere" with the retailer.

I get consumers results week in, week out with claims under the SOGA. :)

Thanks for the reply Grumpy. Do you know how long the average TV should last?
My last one had the tube go at 5 years. I nearly queried that with the retailer so 2 1/2 will be a definite polite request for repair if it is the tube.

You should expect at least 5 years from a Panasonic. In my opinion. :devil:

Just seen a 32DK2 (a bit older than yours) with a duff CRT. That was less than 5 yrs too.

I know what I'd be doing.... Regardless of what you read from others. :devil:

The whole "sale of goods act gets you a free 6 year warranty" is a common fallacy, you won't get anywhere trying that line with the retailer. Read here for more details:

http://www.dti.gov.uk/consumers/fact-sheets/page38311.html

In the last couple of months I've repaired a 2.5 year old LG 50inch plasma that wanted £550 spending on it. A 16 month 42 inch Samsung for £500 a 2 year old Panasonic LCD for £300 and an LG LCD set for £300 all paid for by the retailer down to the sale of goods act. It is the consumers friend and has saved a lot of customers a lot of money.

As previously stated yours sounds like a faulty CRT.
Get a report by an engineer and contact the retailer. The larger chains tend to be easier to deal with once you speak to the right person.
It's an unacceptable major failure (provided it is the CRT) and should be sorted at no cost to you.
Also claim the money charged for the report.

Wow you guys have got to share techniques. I know a few people who haven't got anywhere with it.

Wow you guys have got to share techniques. I know a few people who haven't got anywhere with it.

There's no techniques to share.

I've described the process of how to go about things under the SOGA many times on here. 'sidyal' explains it perfectly in his post.

There's a lesson here. Deal with a professional from the start. Don't believe the BS on forums. 99.9% of it is BS. :devil:

There's a few very good guys on here. Guys who do this job for a living. And donate their time answering questions for free. That should tell you all you need to know about them.

'sidyal' - nice to hear from a fellow professional. :hiya:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom