Panasonic TX32PL10 - slight ghosting

J

jerkyboy

I have one of these sets and its a great picture apart from one slight thing.

If there is something on screen, say a lamp post for example and the background is very bright there is a slight ghosting in the form of a faint line to the right of the lamp post.

This is only noticable on bright background but is annoying when spotted. Especially when my 10 year old 14" Sony portable dos'nt do it.

Anyone else got the same problem, is there a fix ( I do use very good quality leads etc).

Any response would be appreciated.

Be thankful if that's the only problem you have with your PL10.

I have the 32" PL10 and I see a lot of those ghostly lines on white or brightly lit backgrounds as well as moiré "fingerprint" effects on dimly lit scenes. The 100hz artifacts are just the icing on a very stale cake.

I paid £950 for this set a few months ago and it was the 4th big set that I took delivery of from Electronic Discount UK (the other 3 had worse faults) and I just decided to "put up with it"!!

I wish the thing would blow up so I can claim insurance and buy a decent set ;)

Gordon

Jerkyboy (conjures up all sorts of images :eek:),

The ghosting is probably caused by the sharpness setting being too high.

Some digital sources send a signal that is too "edgy" for the set. The TV should low pass the signal to be able to display it properly but for some reason, some (all ?) TX32PL10 don't.

I tried different ways to smooth the signal and got the best result by wrapping the scart RGB leads (without ground) around small ferrite rings. By adjusting the number of turns, I managed to remove any trace of ringing without smooting small details.

Makes my PL10 look much more cinematic.

Hope this helps.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom