1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TX32PL10 Question

Discussion in 'TVs' started by smwood71, Feb 1, 2002.

Tags:
  1. smwood71

smwood71

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know if the TX32PL10 suffers the same problems as other 100hz Panasonic models such as the PG50 & PB50, namely the NTSC Moire effects and the noticable humming/buzzing.

I would appreciate this and other comments on this TV.

Cheers,
    Steve.

2. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i had a 50hz model about 5 years ago which had the moire lines. my latest 36 has them too. pan say its a fault with their tvs. hope this helps. im changing to tosh now

3. Colger

Colger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the 32PB50 and yes, it arrived with the moire patterning on ntsc. This can, and has been fixed via the software and there is no sign of it now - in fact the picture is superb. A qualified Panasonic engineer can fix it.

4. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    did it take long for the engineer to fix the problem with the moire lines and did he fix it at your house. are the problems now fixed altogether or do you have to get the engineer to come and fix it for you.

5. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sorry my last sentance does not make sense. what i meant was have panasonic fixed the problem in all there sets or is it up to the customer to get the engineer to fix it

6. Tel boy

Tel boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Is the “Moire problem” fixable via the service mode (remote control) or is it a back off the set job?

Also if you don’t mind me asking does your set suffer from bowing in the bottom right of the screen?

& do the rear speakers hum / buzz on your set?

Tel. :)

7. blackbull

blackbull

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If I could briefly Hijack this thread, could anyone out there tell me how to access the service mode on a 28PL10 I imagine it would be the same as the 32inch model, yeah?

8. amuse

amuse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hope I dont appear daft, but could someone explain Moire effects?

I have a Panny Pk32pk25, I m on my third since December, last model delivered 2 weeks ago, problems with Buzzing on number one and dirty smudges down left and right side of the screen on numger 2. Number 3 better but not perfect, has slight dark areas at the side but wierd horizontal line across screen just wondering!

thanks for any help

9. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the MOIRE lines are stripes which appear down either side of the screen when playing an NTSC signal. they run from the edge of the screen about 7 inch in. my pan also had the dark patches at the edge s of the screen. if you look closer you can see its a stripe

10. Zacabeb

Zacabeb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Oy, this sounds much like my TV, what with the buzzing and dark patches :( I don't have any moiré though.

It's not a Panny, but you know the story...

11. Colger

Colger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Panasonic trained engineer fixed the moire problem on my 32PB50 in the house and via the service menu. Problem with engineers not Panasonic trained, is that the first thing they do is take off the back. Very important that engineer has been on the Panasonic course relevant to this chassis - Euro7
    Engineer arrived and fixed the problem in 5 minutes - also fixed the geometry which he said was slightly out although I had no complaints. I have no bowing of the picture in the bottom right.
    Definately no buzzing on the sound from any speaker although I have since purchased a Denon 3802 amplifier.

12. romored5

romored5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I also have the moire effect on my (1 month old) 32pb50 which is getting replaced due to the buzzing fault

it's already been away once to a local company in Bristol,it came back after they said they had carried out a mod

but the sound could still be heard

I noticed the mpire effect tonight whilst watching swordfish on R1

both edges about 6-7" in ,horizontal lines

13. rimmers

rimmers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    The moire was fixed on mine completely for PAL and 90% better for NTSC by removing the back and adjusting the sharpness. The repair company always liase with Panasonic before they do anything on the set, therefore I would have thought if the moire could be fixed from the service menu they would have been told about it(who knows!!)

I had the humming fixed by removing the back and
    performing a mod although the first time the enginner came it didn't work and had to be taken away. When it came back it was fixed.

The TV is currently in repair again this time to have the vertical interference fixed and the problem of getting no sound when turning the TV on. The repairers say they have stripped the TV down and relooped it(whatever that means).

Another problem I had which either was fixed or doesn't occur anymore was the opposite of the above in that I got the sound but no picture some time.

I have had the engineer out 7 times and it has been taken away twice.

Pretty bad for a new TV.

I think its been in repair longer than its been at home, its the most expensive 14" portable around.

Regards

Neil

14. PND

PND
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a 32PB50 about a month old.. I too have the slight bowing bottom right hand corner.. noticeable when 'now/next' Telewest bar on screen..

Buzzing is also there.. Starting to annoy me now.. I am not using rear speakers at moment, just built-in + supplied centre (not using stand)..

Further to someone else's request in this thread... is there a service menu I can access?

Time for an engineer I think!