1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TX32PL10 Help required

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Butler1, Feb 24, 2003.

1. Butler1

Butler1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there, First visit to the forum as help is required. My father has just had his TX32PL10 (100hz) delivered on Saturday, so off I went to see it. What a dissapointment, I was expecting this state of the art TV with a breathtaking picture. The first thing I noticed was a faint grid effect behind the picture, more noticable on each side. Then watching the rugby the players seemed blured as they ran, slower pictures were fine all in all my 21" panasonic is far superior than this new one. We have found a small dent in the side of it so I have said it's the excuse he needs to change it.
    So, Why is the picture so bad? and the million dollar question what is the best to go for, bearing in mind this was £950.
    I have read other peoples reviews on Panasonic and they are all very much aginst this set. Is Toshiba a better option. Hope someone can help. thanks

2. lentini

lentini

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +455
    I owned a PL10 for a short time and found it to be complete cack. I also experienced the 'faults' you describe seem to be features of Panasonics fabulous Tau tube.

3. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yep, I had one too. It had 2 vertical bars either side of the picture. Seemed only to notice them when the camera was panning fast like on football. As for the blurring. This is a side effect of 100hz tvs. Best tvs at the mo seem to be sony and tosh

hth
    shaun

4. afleming

afleming
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yes i noticed this matrix liek effect on the sides of the screen of the pb50. At this time i was going to go for a pb50 over a sony kv32fx66 until i compared the pictyures, go to your local comet or dixons and get them to wire up a dvd to the sony 32fx66 or toshiba and look at the picture you will then be able to see a proper dvd image and be able to compare it is all down to prefernce, i personally preffered sony.

5. Johndm

Johndm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    No probs with my TX32PF10

However, all the digital enhance stuff is turned off.
    I run Sky and DVD in RGB with 'medium' quality gold scart leads and a S-VHS Panny video

Must say though that the terrestial picture is rather naff..;)