1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TX32PL1

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Blackspeech, Dec 14, 2002.

Tags:
  1. Blackspeech

Blackspeech
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    All,

I recently bought the TV named above and noticed a problem. Had it replaced with same model - same problem - Bad quality control and maufacture process???

Retailer says no problem with returned set...want to charge me for return. Ongoing, CS closed over weekend (mail order/ internet). Upshot is as ongoing has been over 14 days since reported fault and still not solved any advice on rights?

Fault: The inside of the screen is covered in an oily blue/green deposit that is clearly visible in my front room under normal lighting. On white background a few dirty grey stains appear on the tube. No magnets nearby, tried unplugging for 18 hours to de-gauss just in case.

Ghosting on PS2 DVD and Games where scrolling ghost images of display move right to left.

Panasonic CS told me to return the set to retailer after chat with engineer. Retailer position as above - looking forward to Monday to try and resolve. Any ideas welcome, I can claim guarantee, but why should I pay £100 for transport on a faulty product that retailer says cannot find fault with?

Regards
    Hopeful..David