1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TX32PL1

Discussion in 'TVs' started by pointon, Nov 4, 2001.

Tags:
  1. pointon

pointon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Still looking for a new flat screen 32" TV, but I've been moved away from the Philips 32PW6515 by problems recorded here, so I've been looking at other options.

The Panasonic TX32PL1 (cheapest price found - 791.58 at Empire Direct) looks to fulfil my needs, but is it any good?

Any views appreciated.

2. Tel boy

Tel boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi, Chris
    I’m in the same boat as you M8. I was so close to getting a 32PK2 had asked all the questions on here etc., then out comes this new range.
    I haven’t seen the PL1 in the flesh, but I have seen the 32PB50.
    I had read reports that the 32PB50 has quite a bad “bowing” to the screen in the bottom right corner, & I did notice this when I viewed the set.
    I wonder if the same bowing affects the set you are after (32PL1).
    I also viewed the 36PL30 this set didn’t seem to have the bowing, so I wonder if the 32PB50’s just need setting up properly to get rid of it.

The set I fancy…well I’m stuck between 2, the 32PL4 (this set will probably uses the same tube as the one you want) & the 32PB50. I’m swayed towards the PL4, (Pro-logic & 50Hz) as this is the replacement version of the PK2, but for a few hundred quid more I could get the PB50 with Dolby dig & 100Hz (I don’t normally rate 100Hz sets, but this looks to be very good on this set).
    I have not been able to find any shops round here that have the PL1 or PL4 on display, but I’m interested to know if the bowing will be evident on them.

If you have, or get to view either a PL1 or PL4 let me know if the bowing is evident.

Regards, Tel. :)