1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TX32PH40

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Papa Smurf, Jan 3, 2003.

1. Papa Smurf

Papa Smurf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If anyone's interested, I received my PH40 a few days ago and I am absolutely delighted with it. One or two people had mentioned on this board that they had various problems with it, such as moire effects, pixellation and trailing artefacts. I have not seen any of these problems so far.

I haven't tested its progressive scan or NTSC capabilities yet, as I don't have suitable sources. I've just got a Nokia set top box connected to AV1 (RGB scart), and the picture quality is excellent (sharp, no noticeable flicker) and so is the geometry, and the virtual dolby surround sound is clear, enhanced by its inbuilt subwoofer.

I would definetely recommend this tv.

2. fuzzy

fuzzy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i've had a ph40 for 3/4 months now and agree with you. recent films on freeview via rgb input are near dvd quality, i nowwatch it using the prog scan option which as the manual suggests produces a slight flickering but the absence of those scan lines that you sometimes see on widescreen sets more than compensates. Like you i don't have a proper pal prog scan player so probably wont see the full benefit till i get one. I dont have any r1 discs so have not seen any moire etc etc However I don't think the pic qual via the rf analogue input is particularly good. What do you think?

3. Rookies

Rookies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +344
    First of all this is my first posting to this forum as I just been told about this forum and I am glad I have come here, As my questions have not been answered elsewhere.

Anyway I at last found someone who got a tv set what I been looking into getting.

Ok I have read both of the above comments about this TV, but all round is it a good tv ie good picture quility and does the flicker free actully works very well?

I have been trying to decide between this panny and a Sony KV32FQ80