1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

panasonic TX32PH40 and trails (bad on football), fault?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by jtorry, Dec 22, 2002.

Tags:
  1. jtorry

jtorry
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Does anyone have this set and notice really bad trails on colours as the screen pans. While watching football it is really bad, leving coloured smears in the players wake. If anyone has Pro evo soccer the problem is really bad when looking at the coloured arrows above the players. While i am really happy with the picture quality otherwise, particulary in prog scan mode, I want to make sure that other people have this same problem so I know mine doesn't have a fault. Thanks.

2. BillyNomez

BillyNomez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, have noticed on some not all football progs that the colour does not stay wholly within the shirt particularly on long shot fast pans. Close ups are fine. This matter was raised in What video +Hifi Aug 2002:
    " watching football is frustrating...players shirts look like they are made of wool.."

Tend to have DDM on, AI and noise off and fairly low settings for Bright/contast. Note only running an analogue aerial feed. And its not on all games, quality of incoming signal ?

EvoSoccer on ps2, disappointed with initial set up with quality rgb scart connector - looked jagged and poorly contrasting pic - but now run component leads into tv with separate optical into home amp for sound and much, much better ! Still not perfect but a seperate thred elsewhere has said that this sort of setup will showup inherent processing flaws in the ps2, i.e its weaknesses.
    Pic looks clear and colourful and very playable ;)

Havent used prog scan for anything as yet, dont have a suitable DVD input so what so of pic/usage are you using it for ?

BR

3. jtorry

jtorry
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have arranged to send the tele back now. I just can't stand the trails. I watched some DVDs yesterday and It just looks so bad with every object leaving a trail behind it. I tested my Xbox using prog scan and it was just as bad. Shame, as the still picture is great.

4. BillyNomez

BillyNomez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Trails - you mean like meteor showers ?
    Havent suffered with that, only the colour bleed.
    As for DVD's, have - touchwood - no problems to date, like the unwanted colour tints on screen I think you mentioned elsewhere, sadly I think you've got a bad 'un which is no consolation after spending a whole heap a dosh. :(
    Good luck with whatever comes next...
    BR