1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TX32PD30C or Toshiba 32ZP38

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Filter2000, Aug 9, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Filter2000

Filter2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi i need help deciding which set to go for i want a decent picture with at least 3 scart sockets and 2 must be rgb, at the moment i will be running a panasonic dmr-30 dvd recorder and a pioneer multi region dvd into the set. which should i choose to base my home cinema around?

2. Anastie

Anastie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +192
    You are going through the same dilemma as i. I have read most if not all the posts on here regarding both of these televisions and both have their problems.
    I have viewed both but wait to see them through a better feed. They were both playingh the same DVD through a splitter and PQ on both was poor.
    In the magazine reviews I read the pd30 wins on PQ and the PF2 on sound.
    Good luck

3. Turisu

Turisu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Having owned the 36" versions of both sets in the past few months I'll give you my humble opinion. Manufacturing problems aside the Toshiba was the best for both picture and sound. The Panasonic's picture is let down by the fact that it has SVM set to a horribly high level with no way to disable it. And obviously the Nicam sound without a seperate system cannot compare with the Toshiba's digital 5.1.
    However I got rid of the Toshiba in favour of the Panasonic, and I'm glad I did. The Toshiba had major purity and geometry problems which I understand are a 'feature' of this set. My current Panasonic is virtually flawless in this respect. Since you're after a 32" rather than a 36", you may have more luck if you go for a Toshiba, but I wouldn't recommend one to anybody.

4. avdesigns

avdesigns

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My Panny was delivered yesterday and after spending some time adjusting the picture settings using both the Sound & Vision set-up disc and the THX Optimiser all I can say is the picture quality is superb. I thought my Philips Cool Blue 32" was good, but this blows it away.

5. thickshaun

thickshaun

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I wish to play some of my PS2 games with progressive scan and i was really after a CRT because i cant really afford a plasma.
    i know that both of these two tv's support Pro scan. The toshiba's EXT4 is the component video input and it also has a stereo input on that same terminal. I have seen diagrams and pictures of the back connection panel of the toshiba, i wonder does the panasonic one also have a stereo input in the same terminal its component input, because i dont have any audio receiver to connect the optical out of the ps2.

Finally, does the hi-res picture technology of panasonic worth 200 pound over toshiba?

6. BigRD

BigRD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Hi thickshaun :D

I have the Tosh 32ZP38 and can tell you that you can connect the optical out on your PS2 to the optical in on the ZP38 and component video on Ext4 at the same time and enjoy glorious Dolby Digital 5.1 from the PS2

7. thickshaun

thickshaun

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, i knew that the Tosh can do that but i'm wondering if the panasonic can do the same, i dont really care about dolby digital, if the panasonic have a stereo input on the EXT4 (component video input ) terminal i would be happy enough.