Panasonic-TX32PD30 owners pictures/comments

Lee_JTD

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Considering purchasing a secondhand Panasonic TX32PD30. If anyone has one would it be possible to post some pictures up? all i can find is standard library pictures which arent very detailed.

i know it has the silver trim aound the outside, but i need to judge if this would be problematic (she who must be obeyed will only let me get a black tv to match my Mission 701s and 70c2) which comes to my second question, is it black or dark grey? ( i might get away with it its dark enough)

Ive seen all the old posts commenting on the buzzing issues, but its seems there isnt a telly out there where there isnt a 'problem thread' lol

Thanks in advance

Lee

I would definitely say it's a dark grey - very few people would call it black, unless they were in a dark room.

I can happily say I've had no problems with my PD30 ever buzzing. I've had it for about 4 and a half years now, and although I'm going to be upgrading to a Pioneer plasma in the next couple of months, it's been a very loyal servant.

Thanks.

quick questions i forgot to ask. any chance of measuring the depth from the base to the bottom of the screen? its going in the corner of a room so i need to check my speakers wont block the picture

one thing that would be nice to know but not essential is how far the front of the TV will be from the corner point of the room? obviously TVs taper in at the back so its hard to measure where it will sit.

You could always go with the TX32PD50 which is identical to the 30 but has a black trim around the CRT & also has an improved tube.

The height to bottom of viewable tube is a little less than 63cm. The total depth of the unit according to specification is 53.3cm but I measured 54.5cm approx.

If the TV was going to sit as far back as possible to the wall then add another 12 to 14cm from the corner point.

Hi all,

Ive seen all the old posts commenting on the buzzing issues, but its seems there isnt a telly out there where there isnt a 'problem thread' lol

Only some buzz & if you can hear a buzz from the front of the TV then I would not buy it. The Gamma issue is the more worrying problem.

You could always go with the TX32PD50 which is identical to the 30 but has a black trim around the CRT & also has an improved tube.

I know that its a while ago now since you gave this info, but in what way is the tube, I'm assuming that you are referring to the CRT, improved in comparison with the PD30.

Also, any idea when the PD30, or 50 for that matter, was superseded? and by what?

I have a pd50 and although, like the other poster, I am having a Panasonic plasma, it has served me well these past 2 1/2 years.

I think the pd50 was the last "high end" crt's that Panasonic produced (I wait to be corrected:) ).

Fantastic tv, but with sky hd and a new blu ray player comming along.... it will have to go.

Absolutely correct! :thumbsup:

I was nearly put off buying a 36" PD30 when I read all the adverse comments on the Forum.

But it's the best tv I've ever bought. :clap:

Only downside is that I haven't had my money's worth from the John Lewis 5 year guarantee! ;)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom