1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

panasonic tx32pd30 or toshiba 32zp38

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by miskin83, Jun 8, 2004.

Tags:
  1. miskin83

miskin83

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    please help

which one to purchase the panasonic tx32pd30 or toshiba 32zp38?

or should I go for a different TV all together (£1000.00 to spend)

can someone explain the 50hz progressive scan on the panasonic.

thanks

anth

2. chris210972

chris210972
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i can't say anything about the panasonic tv because i don't have one, however i do have a 36zp38 and i think its amazing! i don't think pictures will be that different between the two sets but with the toshiba you get dolby digital surround.
    the sound and pictures are superb (especially on dvd through component cable) and i would reccommend this tv to everyone.
    i know people have had faults with both toshiba and panasonic tv's but mine is fine.
    both tv's also look very cool but i prefer the look of the tosh.

3. Puneet

Puneet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    go with the toshiba mate, i spent like 10 days reading forums up the ying yang and the toshiba came off better in picture and sound, then there's the fact that it looks bloody nice too. And read the huge thread about PD30 problems!

The cheapest place you're gonna get it for now is sound & vision online, JL are out of stock and don't even know if they're getting stock in...ever? (that's according to 4 different JL stores)

4. paul710

paul710
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Had my TX36PD30 for 6 months now and I am very pleased with it. Seems that I have been lucky to get a good one - but I had to go into the service menu to fix a few faults - geometry, overscan and the position of the picture all needed adjusting. I've also found using the DVE disc helpful in tweaking the brightness, colour etc. After doing all this I think it's the best picture of any CRT I've seen.