Panasonic TX32PB50

KeyserSoze

Standard Member
Reaction score
OK, I'm on the verge of (finally) getting this new WS TV, as our old 4:3 has just blown up (well, sounds more dramatic than a plain old 'the tubes gone').

Anyway .. One quick question. The Panasonic TX32PB50 bangs on about having Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS sound on board ... Bit confused as they only seem to be providing you with two standard rear Surround Sound speakers ..

Does this mean that "out of the box" I'll simply get the standard Dolby Surround Sound (like our old TX29AD2DP gave us), or will I need to shell out on a seperate amp & speakers to get the 5.1 or DTS sound?

If so, how can it be advertised as having 5.1 & DTS ?

If this is a stupid question and I'm missing the obvious, then you'll have to excuse me, It's been a long day ;)

Hope someone can shed some light on this, as it's doing my head in :D

Panasonic PB50 includes amplification and DD / DTS processing, front left and right speakers and sub-woofer within tv.
Centre and left / right surround speakers are provided too.

Ah right, so will that mean that I will notice the difference then when playing a 5.1 or DTS encoded DVD say, compared to when I played the same disc via the old Pro-Logic Surround TV? (Sorry to sound thick!)

Cheers ;)

yes.when you use a dvd with dts and choose to listen to that in the films setup page.if once you`ve done this press sound on the controller for tv it will say dts.i have the 28pb

The only extra thing you will need is either an optical or a coaxial cable running from your DVD to your new telly. This sends the 5.1 or DTs signal to your Tv. Should only cost you about £20 ish.

Even though I used my sperate’s instead of the inbuilt system I was quite impressed with the sound quality . The set doesn’t suffer from any rattles or distortion which you sometimes get on lesser TV’s .

I’ve heard my mates DAV S300 and I think the Panny sounds just as good

Panasonic TX32PB50
Marantz SR5200
Toshiba 210ED
Amstrad DRX300
Mission M72
Mission M7C
Mission M7ds
Eltax Atomic A10 Sub
AIWA VCR
Gale SPKR cables
IXOS Scart

Great stuff guys, thanks very much for the help, glad that ones been cleared up as that's been puzzling me for a while now :)

We've currently got a Samsung 709 DVD player, which is not behaving itself lately, so will probably move that and get a new Toshiba 220 one, which I understand is an excellent model.

So can anyone suggest a place where I can get one of these required digital cable things to go from the DVD Player to the TV?

Thanks again :)

DVD player from richersounds for about £144 multi region

you can also get a cable from there .

ixos do a great optical cable.i use mine for the playstation2 aswell as dvd player.bit pricey but good.tosh is also a good dvd player to get multiregion from richer is 135 last time i looked.

Can see that the Toshiba 220 (Multi Region) is £119.95 at Richer Sounds at the moment, which seems pretty damn reasonable to me :) (Does their Region Free mod disable Macrovision does anyone know?)

Thanks again for all your helps chaps, most appreciated :)

119 from richer then i`m off to get the oldys one.:D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom