1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TX32PB50

Discussion in 'TVs' started by locutus, Nov 16, 2003.

Tags:
  1. locutus

locutus
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After my faithful 5 year old 28" Panasonic died a couple of weeks ago, I went and got myself what I thought was a bargain.

I got myself another Panasonic, a tx32pb50. I was impressed by the picture in the shop, and the number of connectors at the back.

However having lived with the TV the past couple of weeks I am not happy.

People have halos around them, especially in areas of high contrast. If I watch a dvd, and its a ratio that puts black bars top and bottom, if the picture is bright, I get the same haloing effect along the top and bottom. Finally whites seem so bright as to overpower the rest of the picture. Oh and I can also see what looks like a fine mesh sometimes.

I have an engineer coming to look at it tomorrow, and he will provide a report back to the retailer I got it from.

If he fiinds that there is no fault with the tv, will I still be able to reject it for another model?

If I can I will get something other than a Panasonic. So much for brand loyalty. I was really looking forward to this tv and it's been nothing but a dissapointment.

Would the FQ70 be a good substitute?

2. mansell

mansell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    I had many problems with this set, too much to go into detail

if your interested do a search using my user name mansell (not my real name) and the tx32pb50