Panasonic TX32LXD700

stephen93

Standard Member
Reaction score
I've ordered one of these from Sound & Vision online, 3 weeks ago, it's still not arrived, I've rang them several times they say that Panasonic has let them down & they will ring me when it is next in stock, they keep saying it will be the following week, is this tv in short supply & is it worth waiting for?

Steve:mad:

If you can, I suggest cancelling your order as it seems that you are getting the runaround. I'd say your best bet is to pricematch this set with John Lewis. Their customer service can't be bettered, and you get a free 5 year warranty.

I've looked at the Philips 32PFL9632D is that as good? what I like about the 700 is it has a SD card reader & I don't think the Philips has one

I've looked at the Philips 32PFL9632D is that as good? what I like about the 700 is it has a SD card reader & I don't think the Philips has one

I take it you can't cancel the order then? I've not heard much of the Philips. Another top-end alternative to the Panny is the Sony 32D3000.

I take it you can't cancel the order then? I've not heard much of the Philips. Another top-end alternative to the Panny is the Sony 32D3000.

Yes I can cancel, I've looked at the Sony 32D3000, it doesn't have a SD card reader & the SD picure is not as good as the Panny.

p,s. do John Lewis do finance? I can't see it on their website

Yes I can cancel, I've looked at the Sony 32D3000, it doesn't have a SD card reader & the SD picure is not as good as the Panny.

I'm not sure if they do finance, a little help here? I expect so as they are a major department store and they'd surely lose out if they didn't.

I agree with what you're saying about this set, as per other thread here the Panny just beat the Sony in a 32" What-Hi Fi supertest! It seems it is the best 32" available at the moment.

Does the Sony do better HD pictures though? Whilst you may have SD now, what will you have in a year or 2? It's not likely you'll want to swap the TV in the next 3 to 5 years is it?

In a year or 2 there will still be no HD on DTT. The HD performance on the LXD70/700 is excellent.

For what its worththe Panasonice LXD 70 has just won the What Hi fi award for 32" tvs.
You can buy this for £599.95 from Richer sounds.
Or from HiFi confidential for £629 and they give 5 yr warranty and they do 9 months interest free
:smashin:

I think it was the LXD700 rather than the 70 whch won the What Hi-Fi awards. Altho the 70 does have the same PQ I think

Alex

Has the LXD700 been out long? I can't see it in any shops, we have a large Comet and Currys in Slough and they have hardly any Pannys.

The best price out there that I've seen for the LXD700 is £749.99 at Empire Direct. Problem is it's home delivery / online only so I don't think JL will price match it.

You could get it through ED using their £19.99 membership to get a 3 year warranty and using the current 10% off code get it for about £719 + another 2% quidco. This is the best deal around but I don't know much about Empire Direct and I'm not comfortable with an online purchase for an item of this value.

DigiCo have it for £773 online but I checked out their shop in Coventry which is local to me and they have it on display at £899 which is obviously no good for a price match.

The other option for a JL Pricematch is HiFi Confidential who sell it for £799 including a 5 year warranty and they also offer free delivery, so I can't see how JL can refuse to price match that.

Anyone got any other ideas?

I get the impression it's gonna take a while to get JL Solihull to come back to me on my Empire Direct price match, so I'm tempted to go down there tomorrow and see if they'll do a deal there and then, anyone know if it's worth it?

No, I asked when I was last in there. They did offer me a Credit card with 6months intrest free though.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom