• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

panasonic tx32lxd700 v tx32lxd85

braveheart1

Standard Member
I am trying to decide which Lcd to buy .This will be my first Lcd tv .After reading the reviews and forums I was drawn to the lxd700 .So I duly started searching for the best deal .A friend suggested giving costco a call .They did not have the lxd700 but said they were expecting the new lxd85 which was £575.73 inc vat . Can,t find a review for this new model so now I am in 2 minds .I have sky digital but not hd and watch a lot of footie .The best price for the lxd700 I can find today is £679.99 inc delivery .Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks

forestfan

Standard Member
The TX37LXD85 its bigger brother got five stars in What HiFi recently

This is a question I was going to ask, it has been stated in a number of reviews that Panasonics new range only have very minor improvements over the older range and stating that basicly they have hit a brick wall over the technology, I is doubtful that many people have seen these models side by side or the LZD85 with 1080p although it would seem pointless if you need a larger screen to appreciate full HD.

I have bought kit in the past that is about to be superseded or has been for some fantastic discounts that otherwise I could not budget for otherwise.

I am tempted by the 700 myself anyones opinions or owners of the 700 that have gone over to the 85 would be fantastic.

Chrispy2

Standard Member
Braveheart, the panny 85 for that price seems good to me, best I have seen it elsewhere is £650 and not always in stock.

I like you watch mainly SD, especially the footy and cricket. I think the X (HD ready) and not Z (Full HD and boy you pay for the difference) will be better for that as the X won't have to scale up the image as much as the Z. Here is a link to the X on Panny's website if you haven't seen it - http://www.panasonic.co.uk/html/en_GB/617208/index.html

Also I'll throw in the Sony KDL-32D3000 (about £600) which came out last year at £900 (still £850 in Sony shop and M&S) and is not really being replaced by Sony this summer (the new W range does not feature 100hz for motion smoothness and it is also full HD, the D3000 is HD ready but accepts 1080p signal and downscales it.) I am currently trying to choose between the Panny lxd85 and the Sony D3000! Link to Sony - http://www.sony.co.uk/view/ShowProd...geType=Main&category=TVP+32-40+Sony+BRAVIA+TV

Sorry if I added another option, but both are cracking TV's. I would personally get one of those as the technology has moved forward a bit and the new Panny's look a lot nicer than last years range (if that is a consideration for you)!

forestfan

Standard Member
I've gone for the LXD700 today always wanted it got a pretty good deal so lets hope I get a good one without any problems buzzing or bad bleed.

The remote not so much of an issue as I have the harmony 555, however I will have to see about the shiny finish with two young children in the house it will soon become fingerprint matt:eek:

forestfan

Standard Member
No bleed that I notice with a total blackout ....and no buzzing and the kids are not touching it so still shiny and lovely great bargain from S&V for £685.00

rongold

Standard Member
Hi - your question on the forum is exactly mine... seems that you are happy with your 700 choice. Is the sound quality as good as its marketing? and worth it for the extra £100 or so over the 85?

forestfan

Standard Member
Drawing a comparison from my old 28" Sony CRT the sound is pretty good, I think some reviews have gone a little overboard about the sound. I have heard some flat panels that sound like a tin full of wasps, it does have some depth to the sound so for off air it's great.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom