Panasonic TX32LXD700 or TX32LXD70?

Discussion in 'Panasonic TVs Forum' started by missybongo, Sep 17, 2007.

1. missybongo

missybongo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

I can't decide between these two tvs, they both have ace reviews. I've found the TX32LXD70 for around 550 and the reviews seem pretty good but it appears the sound lets it down. The TX32LXD700 seems to have better sound but I can't find it any cheaper than 740 and the extra 200 quid is a lot more to pay for seemingly little difference other than better sound quality.

I have also seen the Sony KDL-32D3000U for around £630, which seems pretty good.

I really am torn - can soemone advise which is best value for money?

cheers

2. ger32

ger32

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    If you will be using an additional source for the sound then I'd go with the 70 model. If not personally I'd go for the 700 due to its better sound (and connectivity). Although £200 is a big difference. I was looking at both these a while ago and the difference in price at the time wasn't so extreme as far as I remember.

My brother has the 70 and it is a great TV so I doubt you'll be disappointed either way.

3. missybongo

missybongo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hmmm, i was hoping not to use an external sound source so maybe i should consider that as an option. thanks for that advice.

4. Hi-Def Andy

Hi-Def Andy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Heya Missy Bongo

I'm looking at purchasing the Sony 32D3000 and was wondering where you had seen it for £630 cos thats some mighty fine bargain hunting!

i too was torn till i saw the price difference between the 700 and the 3000.

5. missybongo

missybongo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hiya hi def andy,

it was on digital direct website i think. have no idea what they are like as a company, but maybe worth a look.

any opinions on my choice from the day forumers?