Panasonic TX32LXD70 vs Samsung LE32R87 vs Philips 32PFL7562D

rjtd

Standard Member
Greets.

I'm having difficulties to decide which LCD TV to buy.
I have the following options, that I can buy:
- Samsung LE32R87 = 900€ (~610 pounds)
- Philips 32PFL7562D = 950€ (~640 pounds)
- Panasonic TX32LXD70 = 1050€ (~712 pounds)

What is the set that gives the best image?
I saw that the panel for the Panasonic is only rated at 700:1 contrast on the IPS-Alpha website, and the Samsung panel is rated at 1200:1 contrast on the Samsung and AUO websites. But the manufactureres are rating the contrast as 8500:1 to the Panasonic and 8000:1 to the Samsung. Philips is rated at 4000:1. In HDTVTest they said that the Panasonic image using the dynamic settings is not very good, so the user should swith to cinema or auto mode, that turns off the dynamic contrast. I don't know if it is the same for the Sammy and the Philips.
Also, what do you think about each brand? Is Panasonic a better brand than Samsung? Is Philips better then the other two? What is usually the most reliable brand?
If someone can help me I would be thankfull.
Best regards.

dougiew

Standard Member
Just come back from Comet as I am also torn between the Panasonic TX32LXD70 and the Philips 32PFL7562D. Salesman reckoned the Philips was the better of the two as it has new "Generation 7 " screen - whatever that is? Panasonic only has Gen 6 screen although it has 100Hz screen. Very confusing I know! Phiplips has a USB port which is handy for upgrades, photos, MPEG2 videos etc but has no PC port. (Panasonic has PC port). Philips is only £599 on Empire Direct compared to £699 in Comet so it's a lot cheaper than the Pansonic. Only thing that was putting me off the Philips was the remote control seemed less intuitive than the Panny - but I could live with that I suppose as hopefully mostly using SKY remote. I've started a similar thread yesterday for info on the Philips. Let me know if you get any more info?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom