Panasonic TX32LXD70 vs LG 32LB1DB

A

Aidf72

Hi all,
After a friend's recommendation and reading a lot of posts about the TX32LXD70, I went RicherSounds to buy one (as a replacement for redless 24" JVC CRT). When I got there the salesman told me that had the panasonic in stock, but didn't display it cos it didn't look as good as some of the others on display. In particular he told me about the LG 32LB1DB and how he owned one and thinks it's a much better picture than the Panasonic. So I'm now confused and need some informed advice/opinions.
Thanks.

The salesman is talking out of his arse as the Panasonic 32LXD700 has just won What Hi-Fi's best 32" TV. The 32LXD70 has the same panal and PQ as the 700

Alex

The TX32LXD70 is a superior screen to the LG, end of. I get all my stuff from richersound, and since I slapped "king kong" on the panasonic to demo how good it was, they were all gobsmacked and now reckon its one of the best screens they've seen. They knew it was good, but with a decent source (dvd89 upscaling to 720p), it really showed what this screen can do.

that's two out of two so far... makes me wonder why he believes the LG is better.

probably trying to clear stock or may have a better profit margin.

oh, and thirded. the panny is the better screen, the 700,. the sony 32d3000 and that new philips one are pretty much regarded as the best 32" screens on the market (as smashy says the 70 is the same as the 700, the 700 just has better sound an extra hdmi, card slot, pip etc)

that's two out of two so far... makes me wonder why he believes the LG is better.

As ficko said it is probably down to trying to clear stock. I always think that Currys have some kind of deal with LG as in the shops local to me it is only ever the LG's they have hooked up to a HD source which makes the TV look better than the rest.

Alex

Thanks for your comments!
I conducted a survey earlier today, I rang 21 RicherSounds today from Newcastle down to Exeter. Here are the results:-

Definitely LG - 12
Definitely Panasonic - 2
Close but LG - 2
Close but Panasonic - 2
Both have strengths - 2
Couldn't choose - 1

There was definitely 3 or 4 who weren't up on the TV side and were looking them up (one even googled the LG), but some 5 or so answered like a shot in favour of the LG and 2 for the Panasonic.
What does it tell me? There's a lot of personal opinion in there so for an average user, probably they'll both be significant upgrades to an old 24" crt.

thanks.

Get the Panasonic its taken all the "best of " awards and most people on here reckon its the best bangs for bucks you can buy................at least thats what I thought when I bought mine from Richer !

I bought my Panny 32lxd70 from Richer Sounds (Croydon) back in July. The sales guy told me that don't have the panny on display to show me, but the other tv's (Philips/LG's) were much better quality in their opinion. I did consider them and nearly gave into the Philips at one point, but then I remembered that i'd done all my homework and the Panasonic was definately the one I wanted.

I bet they do have better margins on the LG's - or maybe the Panasonics just sell well without them endorsing them?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom